Someone trying to break into my account!?

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

I'm not sure, but I think someone tried to break into my account...
Because I was not logged in anymore, and when I tried to log in it said that I tried to many times today. Anyway, I changed my password, so it's okay...
But still it kinda bugs me. I don't understand why someone would even try to break into my account...
My name is Roxanne.
I live in Belgium,
and I just Rainbow Brite!

:rbmoonglow:

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Ah I had the same thing. I was logged out as it was, but when I went to log in via fingerprint reader I got that too.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Actually, it may not have been some ONE but some THING. Like a spam bot or other malware used for taking over websites and computers and turning them into spam zombies or using the for denial of service attacks. By breaking into a forum they may capture the users' personal info and use their email addresses and contact lists to send out spam. I'm not saying this has happened here but it's possible that an attack has been made against the site.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Actually we've been hit by waves of bot attacks in recent days, but so far nothing that would compromise the board's stability, our outer walls are rock solid!! :)

It generally is a good idea to change passwords every once in a while, and be it just for peace of mind that no one could possibly know it and cause harm with it.

If you experience any odd problems please do report them here .. :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

I got the same message today. This is the first time its happened to me on this forum.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

That's odd .. might be the tight flood controls, I changed the settings a bit now, let me know if that fixes anything. Give it about 20 seconds inbetween log-in attempts to avoid being filtered by the anti-spam system :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]