MARK ALL FORUMS AS READ...

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Is there a problem here or a new update?

Whenever I hit that button it does mark everything as read. The problem is that the next time I come on here, the unread posts are again showing as unread. The only way to really mark them as read now is to open them.

This is a time-wasting PITA. I'm now being forced to open EVERY new post even if it has no interest for me. It used to be when I marked everything as read, everything I hadn't read was marked read and that was the end of it. Why this disagreeable change?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Hello,
Most problem questions with the forums are posted in the 'help center' section, so I have moved your post there.
SunSpire is the one who normally does the forum upgrades, and there hasn't been any upgrades in over a month.
When did this problem start for you?
I have attempted to re-construct your problem, but am unable to. I have marked things as "read" and logged back in and they are still marked as "read".

What kind of browser are you using?
Have you refreshed your cookies?
How long after your log out do you log back in? Or have you tested a back-to-back logout, login?
This may help us try to pin point what is wrong.
Also please keep in mind SunSpire is currently unavailable to make corrections, though I will contact him directly if we are unable to resolve this on our own.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

I'm using Firefox with Linux

This started in the past week to ten days. Before that it was working normally.

I haven't refreshed my cookies. Does that mean I have to put them back in the oven and rebake them :bg: ? Seriously, I don't know how to do that.

I usually come on once or twice each 24 hours. I have not exited and re-entered right afterwards. I did not read the three newest topics in General Discussions. I'll mark all forums as read, exit and come back on to report the results.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

It's really fun not to have any short term memory..

Anyway, I marked everything as read even though the first three in General and the first in New Members were not actually read.

Here's where the lack of short term memory comes in.

I was supposed to close out and reopen right away. I forgot the reopen part at the time. When I returned nearly 8 hours later, I reopened and the same four topics that were unread at the start of the previous session were showing up as unread. I read what was interesting and then closed out, not reading the three in General. I marked all posts as read, closed my browser, re-opened and things worked correctly, at least for this time. I'll let you know if the problem continues.

Thank you.

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:It's really fun not to have any short term memory..

Anyway, I marked everything as read even though the first three in General and the first in New Members were not actually read.

Here's where the lack of short term memory comes in.

I was supposed to close out and reopen right away. I forgot the reopen part at the time. When I returned nearly 8 hours later, I reopened and the same four topics that were unread at the start of the previous session were showing up as unread. I read what was interesting and then closed out, not reading the three in General. I marked all posts as read, closed my browser, re-opened and things worked correctly, at least for this time. I'll let you know if the problem continues.

Thank you.
That is good to hear. Again, if it does continue, please let us know.