Signature Edit Screen

Chibi Rachy

Signature Edit Screen

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I've been fiddling around on this screen (trying to figure out how I want to change up my sig), and can never seem to get things to work right. Changing the text I want does not show up once I hit the "preview" button. I still see all of my old signature text. Plus, does preview mode not like links and link tags? Even previewing my current sig shows the tags with strange numbers and additions.

I've tried this on various days and I still get the same things. I don't want to test any of my new signature ideas because I'm afraid I'll never be able to get it to format my old signature correctly if I don't like my ideas.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

stormberryfairy

Re: Signature Edit Screen

Post by stormberryfairy »

I can't figure out how to get a sig on at all! LoL!

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

I'm trying to add Image to my sig and getting the same thing Rachy sees. Good thing I'm not alone so we can solve the problem together and quicker.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

stormberryfairy wrote:I can't figure out how to get a sig on at all! LoL!
You click "User Control Panel" in the orange bar on the main page, then click "Profile" on the left of the screen, and then "Edit Signature". Of course, can't guarantee how it'll turn out since we're having issues with the editor.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

The signature part within the User Control Panel has been broken for quite some time, I've not figured out yet what causes the problem but I am certain this cannot be fixed easily. Might have to wait for a board upgrade which unfortunately cannot be done either at the moment due to the script containing some more errors elsewhere.

I noticed this about a year ago but decided not to tamper with it since everything else worked fine. Upgrading to the most recent version will involve shutting down the place and install everything from scratch, then re-import all members and posts so I'll need some time on my hands before I can do this.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

SunSpire wrote:The signature part within the User Control Panel has been broken for quite some time, I've not figured out yet what causes the problem but I am certain this cannot be fixed easily. Might have to wait for a board upgrade which unfortunately cannot be done either at the moment due to the script containing some more errors elsewhere.

I noticed this about a year ago but decided not to tamper with it since everything else worked fine. Upgrading to the most recent version will involve shutting down the place and install everything from scratch, then re-import all members and posts so I'll need some time on my hands before I can do this.

"SunSpire"
While I know we aren't bringing it back, the newer text editor did better with it I think. I had no issues changing things then. My question is, will a signature change to what a member inputs into the text area, regardless of what is shown in the preview box?

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

I have no idea! :lol:

Need to do some testing some time. Like I said, in order to upgrade the boards I need to close them for a while. Will probably do that some time after St Patrick's day, we'll see.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]