Error Message

Chibi Rachy

Error Message

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I went to post a new topic tonight and kept getting the message that it contained too few characters to be posted. It was rather puzzling, as the message wasn't that short. Ideas as to what the trouble could be?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: Error Message

Post by SunSpire »

Ooh? .. don't think we had that before! :blink:

What kind of message was it you were trying to post? Did it include any external links or forum specific code in brackets?

The board seems to be running fine, maybe it was too long rather than too short? I'll go and check the error messages to make sure it doesn't tell you something wrong.

Anyway, let me know how it goes!

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

No, it wasn't that long either. I'm going to try posting it again since I've given it some time. It was only 2 paragraphs. It didn't have any links or special coding. It was just really strange because even when I went and refreshed and tried again, it wouldn't work, yet it let me post a message here on this part of the board and in GD
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I think I figured out the reason I got the message. The board does not like things copied and pasted from a list in MS Word. The list was bulleted, and I don't think that settled well with the board XD.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Yeah, I get that error anytime I try to copy/paste anything other than text from Notepad. Sometimes even quoting another person's post causes it if the quoted post has emoticons in it. Pretty annoying :P
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Yeah, I get that error anytime I try to copy/paste anything other than text from Notepad. Sometimes even quoting another person's post causes it if the quoted post has emoticons in it. Pretty annoying :P
Indeed! It does not like lists at all.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Chibi Rachy wrote:I went to post a new topic tonight and kept getting the message that it contained too few characters to be posted. It was rather puzzling, as the message wasn't that short. Ideas as to what the trouble could be?
I got the same message recently. I don't know why and I think I was later able to post the same information again a little later on during the same day.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

That's really odd!! I'll investigate! Thanks for the heads up guys!!

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

SunSpire wrote:That's really odd!! I'll investigate! Thanks for the heads up guys!!

"SunSpire"
No prob! It doesn't mind MSWord stuff usually, such as copying and pasting stories for the fanfic section. I think the formatting that goes with the list when copying is what messes it up. I have Lazarus installed on my Firefox, and when I went to try and recover the post from before, there was a lot of formatting code in front of it.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

If you have a copy of one of those messages that cause errors then that would definitely help, I can't seem to be able to reproduce this. You could try sending me an email outside the boards and I'll copy and paste that into here and see what happens. Use thesunspire@gmx.de

"SunSpire"
</a>*
[/html]