Ebay dispute help

Aquarius

Ebay dispute help

Post by Aquarius »

I would post this in the ebay community but a lot of people there go around the subject and poke fun at stupid things and doesn't seem to help much.

Well, I'm in a dispute with an ebay seller over such a dumb thing. The auction ended on Oct 16 and paid for it that day, and it is now Nov 12 and still have not gotten it.

The seller claims she sent it out 2 times and now a third and says she has a tracking number, which for some reason is darting around that question and not giving it to me. If she does in fact have a tracking number and happened to send out a package, would I lose the claim, even its just a package full of nothing?

She's never had a negative and everyone else is getting their stuff, but this is something for around $5.00, so I don't see why this woman can't just send the dang thing out and make life a little easier. It can't get lost twice.

I dunno why this is happening, maybe its because last month I recently opened up a new ebay account and she thinks I am a noob and is taking advantage of that?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I feel like I may lose this dispute. Image

Chibi Rachy

Re: Ebay dispute help

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Aquarious wrote:I would post this in the ebay community but a lot of people there go around the subject and poke fun at stupid things and doesn't seem to help much.

Well, I'm in a dispute with an ebay seller over such a dumb thing. The auction ended on Oct 16 and paid for it that day, and it is now Nov 12 and still have not gotten it.

The seller claims she sent it out 2 times and now a third and says she has a tracking number, which for some reason is darting around that question and not giving it to me. If she does in fact have a tracking number and happened to send out a package, would I lose the claim, even its just a package full of nothing?

She's never had a negative and everyone else is getting their stuff, but this is something for around $5.00, so I don't see why this woman can't just send the dang thing out and make life a little easier. It can't get lost twice.

I dunno why this is happening, maybe its because last month I recently opened up a new ebay account and she thinks I am a noob and is taking advantage of that?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I feel like I may lose this dispute. Image
Have you contacted paypal about the matter? (I'm assuming you paid that way, since it seems to be the only way). If you've kept documentation about the matter, you can use that for your dispute. Don't stop payment on any credit card because that just looks worse. (If that is the way you've paid). I think that after a month, paypal allows you to send dispute claims. You'll need to double-check.

What you can do in the mean time is very specifically ask for a tracking number and the shipping service used so that you may track the package yourself. Any seller would readily give a tracking number if one is indeed available. I would keep asking for this, mainly because it would validate if indeed there is one, and when the package was sent.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Thanks Rachy, I already had the dispute open for about a week now. Yes, I have been asking for the tracking number and hasn't given it to me or bothered to show the tracking # in the "won" area or whatever you call it. And I've been saving the emails that she's been giving me claiming she has it, but there's no solid proof, the tracking # is blank.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Okay, I got an email last night saying the dispute has been closed.

1) The refund is still pending, meaning that it is still open, says so on ebay/paypal.

2) The item is gone from my "won" section, meaning I cannot leave feedback, which is BS. Seller deserves a big fat Neg!

Why did I get that email if the the case is still open, why is the refund pending, and why has the item disappeared from the won section?

Is there any way the seller can turn the tables and stop the pending payment?

I have never been this discouraged before with a seller on Ebay.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Aquarious wrote:Okay, I got an email last night saying the dispute has been closed.

1) The refund is still pending, meaning that it is still open, says so on ebay/paypal.

2) The item is gone from my "won" section, meaning I cannot leave feedback, which is BS. Seller deserves a big fat Neg!

Why did I get that email if the the case is still open, why is the refund pending, and why has the item disappeared from the won section?

Is there any way the seller can turn the tables and stop the pending payment?

I have never been this discouraged before with a seller on Ebay.
It disappears from your won section after 30 days. You can still find it if you change it to display more than 30 days at a time. The email should say something about how the dispute turned out.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Regina

Post by Regina »

Yes, If I am not wrong i think you can still leave feedback for an item up to 60 days after it has ended, so write down the item number and leave a feedback!

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Thanks everyone who helped me. Image

I won the case and got my refund, glad to get that out of the way now.

Image Image Image

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Aquarious wrote:Thanks everyone who helped me. Image

I won the case and got my refund, glad to get that out of the way now.

Image Image Image
Congrats :) Glad to see it all worked out in the end. Out of curiosity, was it ebay or paypal who claimed the case as won?

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

It was paypal. It took 4-5 days for the refund to go through though.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

I'm so glad I decided not to give this seller a negative. I finally got the item yesterday, and the the post date was Nov. 4 on it, which leaves me to realize that the seller was telling the truth and possibly sent replacements out that are gawd knows where.

I let the seller know, I am an honest person and I don't like cheating people.

USPS has been screwing up so much lately. I've had so many problems with other packages from Amazon, Ebay, and other sites. No more online purchases for a while.

Image Image Image