How to respond to a feedback response?

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

So I left neutral feedback for this jerk (should've left negative!) and she responded to it saying I was a liar and wrong. Obviously, I want to respond to her response, but don't see a way to do so. I know I've seen people do this in the past...what am I missing?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

You may not be missing anything at all.

The evil empire keeps evolving and changing, often for the worse. Features and functions come and go. What you may have seen in the past may be impossible now. Remember the 'Contact Seller' link on every auction page? That was suppressed a short while back. Worse yet, there was no advance notice or anything else and buyers were left to figure out things on their own. My current problem is they changed things so that a sellers that chooses not to sell out of their home country can no longer be contacted by any member who is registered on a different country site. This is a problem for me because I can no longer ask US sellers if they'll ship to my confirmed US address if they choose 'US Only'. Not choosing anything gives a default view that says they ship only in their own country, but they can still be contacted. And this doesn't apply just to US sellers. I've seen the same from ebay France trying to bid on something on the German site.
Last edited by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

There's a way to do it. I'm trying to remember.....it's somewhere on the feedback page....you click on Respond to Feedback Left or something like that. I know I've seen it recently...........

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Maybe it's not showing up now because the auction ended more than 60 days ago. Looks like she waited until the very last day to respond, so that I wouldn't have time to respond again. What a jerk!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Search the Help Topics for "follow-up feedback" --- when I did that, it gave me a link which sent me to a page of feedback to respond to. *shrugs*

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Their Help function is pretty worthless. They do everything possible to run you in circles to make you endlessly chase a solution that doesn't exist. A few examples follow...

I asked three questions. One was actually answered correctly. One was given an answer that was not related to the question and the other was ignored.

I asked why I can't start a dispute against a seller who refuses after several requests to send me the shipping costs for my chosen option or won't provide payment information. No answer.

I had a problem with a seller and was told that since I bought the item while I was logged into the German site, I had to log on there to get help. Neither the seller or myself live in Germany or speak German. I replied that if I wanted help in German, I'd certainly do that, but I wanted help in English so that's why I brought the matter up on the UK site. No answer.

Ebay has become the New Evil Empire, a worthy replacement for the totalitarian and repressive USSR. It's been fully updated to survive in the 21st Digital Century. I've pretty much gotten all of the Canon cameras that I collect and all of the Majorette vehicles. When I get all the Rainbow Brite stuff I want, it's going to be all over between us.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Clinozoisite wrote:Search the Help Topics for "follow-up feedback" --- when I did that, it gave me a link which sent me to a page of feedback to respond to. *shrugs*
Wow, that was a REALLY round-about way to get there. Had to click like 10 different links to get to the right page. But yay! Found it! And successfully responded :) Thanks Clinozoisite!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Rainbow Brite wrote:
Clinozoisite wrote:Search the Help Topics for "follow-up feedback" --- when I did that, it gave me a link which sent me to a page of feedback to respond to. *shrugs*
Wow, that was a REALLY round-about way to get there. Had to click like 10 different links to get to the right page. But yay! Found it! And successfully responded :) Thanks Clinozoisite!

From me, a little higher up...

"Their Help function is pretty worthless. They do everything possible to run you in circles to make you endlessly chase a solution that doesn't exist."

Katy, you're one of the few lucky ones. They did run you around in circles but after a bunch of it they actually had a solution that worked. Wonder why they wouldn't let go straight to it instead of wasting your time like that?

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:Katy, you're one of the few lucky ones. They did run you around in circles but after a bunch of it they actually had a solution that worked. Wonder why they wouldn't let go straight to it instead of wasting your time like that?.
I wondered the exact same thing. If their system was more intuitive, you wouldn't have to go through the help files to find it in the first place. Silly Ebay!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net