Rare Estrella Rainbow Brite in a white box!

Glanecia

Post by Glanecia »

Wow... I am incredibly jealous. ...and congratulations!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Thank you, Glanecia. All I have to do now is to find the big one to keep her company...
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

LuvRainbows

Post by LuvRainbows »

I know this post is ancient, but i just got the large estrela rbb and im wondering if shes real, the box is in fact real and sealed, but she doesnt have a rainbow & star on her dress nor does she have a gold necklace, jw if anyone had any insight?

Watercolor
Admin

Post by Watercolor »

The auction just ended today. (I was one of the poor souls bidding, but missed the end) If you haven't gotten the doll yet, and am just going off the photos there are 2 things you may want to know about MIB dolls

1: The decals are normally glued on and after 25+ years the glue dissolves and the decals can come off. This happens with MIB Murky Dolls a lot. it is possible that the decal is in the bottom of the box because it wore off with age. The necklace may be down in the bottom too. Though to be honest the MIB dolls are so rare I personally can't say if the "necklace" is really with the dolls. I only saw that in the description from a collector guide. You will know more when you get it.

2: from the photos the plastic wrap is broken and torn open on the bottom. It is possible that the doll was used and put inside the box to be sold. The dress looks very good though, you will notice the "shiny" dress is not cracked or wrinkled as how it looks with a "Played with" dress. Again, you will know more when you get the doll.

hope that helps.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

auction link?

Watercolor
Admin

Post by Watercolor »

LuvRainbows

Post by LuvRainbows »

I already paid for her, so hopefully ill have her by the weekend so well know more when I get her. I emailed her before it ended and after it ended she said she bought it a few years ago for her sons gf for a christmas present and they broke up and it sat in a closet for 2 years and the plastic on the bottom came a bit loose from sitting. So hopefully she never was taken out. Her hair is a bit messy compared to my 18 inch mib rbb, so i guess we shall soon see!

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

OMG HOW DID I MISS THIS AUCTION. ;_;

Congrats to LuvRainbows!

LuvRainbows

Post by LuvRainbows »

Uhg, she didnt mail her out until last evening at 5 pm my time via fed ex, and the tracking says its estimated to be delivered on May 3rd :( so we wont know anything until thursday. I really dislike pokey shippers! They expect u to send money right at end of auction, and then they diddle around on shipping!!!

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Well, eBay policy says you must pay within 5 days of the auction ending.

To be fair to the seller, their listing does say, "Domestic handling time:
Will usually ship within 5 business days of receiving cleared payment."