Rare Estrella Rainbow Brite in a white box!

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Aquarius wrote:That's an awesome find! Wish I had the $$ to bid on it.

I recognize the highest bidder and I think I know who he is.
How do you recognize the high bidder, since eBay now scrambles the ID? I'm just curious...

And wow! Look at that: $240 and climbing! I hope you win, Blondine!

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Clinozoisite wrote:
Aquarius wrote:That's an awesome find! Wish I had the $$ to bid on it.

I recognize the highest bidder and I think I know who he is.
How do you recognize the high bidder, since eBay now scrambles the ID? I'm just curious...

And wow! Look at that: $240 and climbing! I hope you win, Blondine!

I know this sounds weird, but I remember when he posted his user ID when I was a member on the old forum, (I still remember it after a few years) he has the same feedback score and colored star. Was one of the friendliest members back then. Dunno why he didn't sign up on the new forums. Tried emailing him through eBay, but has it blocked somehow, unless you're doing business with him. Be glad to have him back!

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Are congratulations in order, Blondine? Did you prevail above all others? :)

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Yes, Clinozoisite, I did in fact prevail :bg: :bg: :bg: ! I even stayed up to see the end at just after 3:30 AM my time. It will take 10 to 14 days for it to arrive here.

And Aquarius is correct. I was on the previous edition of this board. And I must say that I'm flattered that you still remember me. :) :) :) .
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

OMG ... this doll sold very expensive ! :lol:

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Well, it could have been much, much worse. I've never seen one before on ebay so I'm not surprised it went that high.

Oddly enough, if you go on ebay Brazil, you'll find Gen 4 dolls for sale there. Don't ask me how or why, but they are listed.

Now that auction ended around 3:30 AM my time. I did not get to sleep last night (it's now 11/35 PM here). Not only that, I went to Paris and back today by train. I spent some time walking around and just enjoying life for a little bit. Then I went to Paris Jazz Corner and spent the better part of two hours there looking for more CDs for my already large collection. I spent enough money doing that that I canceled my visit to Lulu Burlu to see if they had any RB Stuff in since the last time I was there as they are somewhat overpriced.

Now that I've checked in here, I'll be off to sleep after about another hour. Glad I'm on vacation this week...
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Well Blondine, now that I figured out who you are, after like 6 months, nice to have you back!

And congrats on getting that MIB doll :lol:

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

LOL, Aquarius :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you :bg: and thank you :bg: again! :bg:

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Such an awesome doll- every time this one comes up (the last time was like 10 years ago) she goes for a fortune.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Clinozoisite wrote:Does the hard-bodied Starlite on the back of the box have a solid orange tail? Is this the same as the US version? (You can tell I don't own the US version)

Did Estrella even make that product, or was it another prototype which was never put into production?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but the Starlight on the box does have a solid orange tail unlike his cousins elsewhere. I have no idea if he was ever made or not but given how small the line was, I think he existed.

Now to get that big doll MIB for my collection...