Playset Mockup Paintings

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Playset Mockup Paintings

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I'm guessing these were ideas that were pitched and denied. But BOY are they adorable!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1156

Did any of you win them? It went a little too rich for my blood :) But I'd LOVE to see some better pictures/scans of them.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Playset Mockup Paintings

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

It wasn't me. I don't think I had really paid attention to it while the auction was running. It does give some insight as to how things go from an idea to a sketch to a drawing to a mock up and then reach the prototype stage. The baby sprites shown here were produced but in different form and without anything to go with them except for the plastic balls (or perhaps eggs) that they were sold in.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Clinozoisite

Playset Mockup Paintings

Post by Clinozoisite »

Augh! I did not see that auction, but I would have paid A LOT more than the ending price for the set had I seen it. *sigh*

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Playset Mockup Paintings

If both of us missed it, it must have been nearly invisible... :lol: . I would not have bid on it even if I had seen it because I'm focused on MIB dolls. I have an idea of who the winner was, but she also may have missed it.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Playset Mockup Paintings

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I barely caught it myself. When I saw it, there were only like 2 hours left. Must've been one of those short 3 day deals or something, cause I check pretty regularly. Thankfully I was able to pay the seller for scans of the images! YAY! I'll post 'em as soon as I get a chance :) I also asked where he got them and this was his response:

"Yes my brother works for Hallmark in Kansas City. I guess it was about five years ago now, they were clearing out some archives and offered some of the stuff to employees."

WOW!!! I wish I worked there or knew someone who did!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Playset Mockup Paintings

I just had a look at the winning bidder and it wasn't who I thought it was. The feedback score isn't even close.

stormberryfairy

Playset Mockup Paintings

Post by stormberryfairy »

My husband got them for me for Christmas! They were a 5 day auction. I saw them just a couple minutes after they were listed, and made sure he knew I wanted them BADLY. LoL.

stormberryfairy

Playset Mockup Paintings

Post by stormberryfairy »

Clinozoisite wrote:Augh! I did not see that auction, but I would have paid A LOT more than the ending price for the set had I seen it. *sigh*

Oh and don't feel bad. My hubby woulda paid a lot more for them too, lol. He knew they were a must-have!