Ebay question

Aquarius

Ebay question

Post by Aquarius »

How does someone who bids on Ebay have multiple of the same bid without raising the auction price. One has the same amount entered 5 times before they won the auction. Thanks

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: Ebay question

Post by Rainbow Brite »

The price doesn't go up because they're only bidding against themselves unless someone else bids. Here's an example...

- I bid $5.00 for an item on Monday. The item ends on Wednesday.
- I get a check in the mail, so can now afford to spend more money. I worry that someone could easily beat my $5.00 bid, so I bid again, raising my highest bid to $10.00
- I have a dream that someone else wins the auction, which makes me realize how badly I want the item. The next morning I raise my bid to $20.00, just in case.
- Wednesday comes, nobody else ever placed a bid, so I win it for the original amount.

Placing multiple bids is typically just someone realizing they should've bid more and doing so.

Does that make sense?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

you dream about your auctions then? ;)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Who doesn't? xD
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

SunSpire wrote:you dream about your auctions then? ;)
It was just a hypothetical example...lol. But I wouldn't put it past myself ;)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Rainbow Brite wrote:The price doesn't go up because they're only bidding against themselves unless someone else bids. Here's an example...

- I bid $5.00 for an item on Monday. The item ends on Wednesday.
- I get a check in the mail, so can now afford to spend more money. I worry that someone could easily beat my $5.00 bid, so I bid again, raising my highest bid to $10.00
- I have a dream that someone else wins the auction, which makes me realize how badly I want the item. The next morning I raise my bid to $20.00, just in case.
- Wednesday comes, nobody else ever placed a bid, so I win it for the original amount.

Placing multiple bids is typically just someone realizing they should've bid more and doing so.

Does that make sense?
OK, I see. Thank you very much! Image

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

I've heard of people using "Sniper" software. It's a program that bids on your auctions at the last second so others don't see what your bids are. I don't use it, personaly. But it sounds interesting.