DURB From SOT

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

DURB From SOT

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

In spite of the best efforts of the postal services and a volcano in Iceland, I just received an excellent MIB DURB doll from SOT. The doll and box were rather better than the photos, so maybe a new camera is in order to best promote her wares.

OK, now we arrive at the part with the Secret Decoder...

MIB: You already know this one so I won't say it again on here.

DURB: Dress Up Rainbow Brite. Too simple. Now an additional few words on that. Maybe three years ago I drove to see my friend and RB collector Crissimoon in Germany. On the way back, I stopped for a break along the autobahn/expressway/motorway/autoroute near the city of Duisburg. It had been raining from time to time with some sun in between and while stopped there I noticed a rainbow. Well, I just had to call my friend and tell her about this. We spoke a few minutes and then I was ready to continue driving. I just happened to notice that one of the other cars at the rest area had a number plate that started with the letters DU-RB followed by some now forgotten numbers. Somehow, the DURB rang a bell for me but it took me about half a minute more for to realize why. The DU says the car is from Duisburg while the rest identifies the particular car. I had a good chuckle about that when I realized that DURB was RB-related and nearly called my friend yet again to explain it. I later sent it to her by mail. I love German car registrations because they have from two to five letters. I watch them closely whenever I'm there and have seen words in English, French and Dutch. The fun thing is that most of their owners have no idea what their car is telling the world. I've seen cars from Germany, France and Belgium with the letters ...wait for it...ASS in that exact order. I'm not aware that it's a word in those places, much the less a naughty one as they issue them. If the car owners only knew what their car was saying about them to Anglophones...

SOT: That's our very own silverorangetears. She did an excellent job on this transaction so I thought I'd give her a good write up and a big thanks.
Last edited by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

silverorangetears

DURB From SOT

Post by silverorangetears »

:) thanks Blondine :) the pictures are less than awesome because they're taken with my iphone, i don't have a proper camera.

hope you give her lots of love in her new home :)

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

DURB From SOT

She will be a present for my little friend's 10th birthday in late August. I've now gotten her at least one MIB of each RB and Color Kid plus Starlight and Murky for her collection and five of the large boy sprites.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

stormberryfairy

DURB From SOT

Post by stormberryfairy »

Wow, I wanna be that 10 year old!!!!!!!!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

DURB From SOT

stormberryfairy wrote:Wow, I wanna be that 10 year old!!!!!!!!!!

Tu parles français? :bg:

Have a look at these...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1115

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1145

By clicking on the link in this post, you may be able to get into my Picasa gallery and see the whole thing plus the pix of her from St. Nicolas Day, which falls on 6 December.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1372

stormberryfairy

DURB From SOT

Post by stormberryfairy »

Wow, great stuff!