Lady Lovely Locks
8%
Paw Paw Bears
No votes

Total votes: 63

Rainbowbrite84

Favorite 80s Cartoons

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Besides Rainbow Brite, what are other 80s cartoons did you faithfully watch? Vote for your Top 5 faves, if I missed some, feel free to add them :)

Chibi Rachy

Re: Favorite 80s Cartoons

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I'll be the odd one and say I never really watched any of these growing up. The closest I'd get is with Muppet Babies. What I remember watching most as a little kid was Barney and then I remember Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. If I watched other shows it was just because it was randomly on TV... don't remember having any toys with other franchises... save for Strawberry Shortcake bedsheets and I really have no idea where those came from. I know I didn't watch it.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

My Little Pony was probably my big one for the longest amount of time. I still adore the two movies I've got and the meager collection of MLP figures.

TMNT was what I was really into when I was three or four, up until about seven or eight, maybe. I used to love knock-knock jokes, and would ask my parents to tell them for hours. So dad finally made up this one:

Knock-knock.

Who's there?

Donatello.

Donatello who?

Donatello (Don't tell) no more knock-knock jokes.

Hehehe. Pound Puppies was more a thing for my mom than me. She used to collect the little plushies and stick them all over her dashboard and back dash of her car. We got rid of them a while back, but I still love them. I watched one or two of the movies as a little kid and really liked it.

There were a number of 80s cartoon movies I loved and still love, and only one or two of them had a show - The Littles, for one.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Maki

Post by Maki »

I couldn't think of my Top 5, but Care Bears are at the top.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

The Care Bears and Pound Puppies are my top two faves. The Care Bear eps I watched most as a kid are "The Best Way To Make Friends" and "Order On The Court" and they were on the tapes with 13 inch PlayAlong bears. Lotsa Heart always looked cute in his ballet uniform in my opinion. My two favorites now are " Space Bubbles" and "Cheer Bear's Chance" (again on 13 inch PlayAlong VHS) because they are spoofs of Star Trek. I love the Pound Puppies and I think Whopper is cutest. Whopper tells the biggest tall tales. :D

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Only five?! I watched most of those shows, so picking 5 was hard. :)

I also remember watching All-new Scooby-doo, the Snorks, Teddy Ruxpin, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Gobots, Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers, the Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, Fraggle Rock, The Real Ghostbusters, He-Man, Inspector Gadget, Punky Brewster, the Jetsons, and Richie Rich.

If you go to http://www.80scartoons.net they have a wonderful list of 80s cartoons!

Looking at this list makes me really realize just how much of the 80s I really absorbed. O_o

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Clinozoisite wrote:Only five?! I watched most of those shows, so picking 5 was hard. :)

I also remember watching All-new Scooby-doo, the Snorks, Teddy Ruxpin, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Gobots, Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers, the Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, Fraggle Rock, The Real Ghostbusters, He-Man, Inspector Gadget, Punky Brewster, the Jetsons, and Richie Rich.

If you go to http://www.80scartoons.net they have a wonderful list of 80s cartoons!

Looking at this list makes me really realize just how much of the 80s I really absorbed. O_o

Fraggle Rock and Scooby Doo are some I remember watching VHS tapes of. (I'm a 90's and 2000's kid) I loved watching the Jetsons, Smurfs and Snorks re-runs on Boomerang. Barney was one of my faves when I was five and I played with MLPs when I was 6 or 7. I can't believe how many 80's toons are still popular today! Teddy Ruxpin is still popular today and he has tough competition. (T.J. Bearytales)

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Clinozoisite wrote:Only five?! I watched most of those shows, so picking 5 was hard. :)

Every show on the list and the ones you mentioned I watched too. 80s cartoons are the best :)

Regina

Post by Regina »

Was very hard for me too to only chose 5! But here is my top list:

JEM
My Little pony
Lady Lovely Locks
Smurfs
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I always watch all of these. Jem was and still my favourite, but love all the other ones too!

There was another one called Kidd Video, not many people remember, at least here in the UK, but it was one of my favorites! Does anyone remember??? Was half cartoon and half live.

Here is a link to youtube for the opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq64MJKw ... re=related

Stormyfan

Post by Stormyfan »

I love the 80's cartoons. Ijust picked my top 4. Care Bears, Smurfs, Ninja Turtles, and Muppet Babies. I also love The Jetsons. I keep Jetsons figures displayed.