Spring
No votes
Autumn
20%
Doesn't matter
No votes
All seasons
20%
Summer and Winter (yard sales and holiday toy stores)
20%

Total votes: 5

WishBear2001

Favorite Season

Post by WishBear2001 »

plz vote/comment

FanChan

Re: Favorite Season

Post by FanChan »

I love all of the seasons, but I think I'm coming to love winter the best. I was born in Alaska, so I suppose part of my love for winter is just a piece of who I am. I love dogsledding, and the Iditarod is something I've always been fascinated by (the fact that the Discovery channel made a show following it is just freaking awesome). I also lived in northern Japan, which has a very healthy respect for winter and snow and everything else.

I love snow. Everything about it, really. It's grace as it falls, the tickle when it lands on your nose, the way it can totally blind you with a strong wind, the way it purifies a barren landscape and makes a seemingly dead world new and come alive in its own way, and how deadly it can be when tons of it come at you all at once. There should totally be a Kid in Rainbow Brite just for snow. Stormy just doesn't really seem to fit that bill, if you ask me.

I love to ice skate, as well. It feels good to be able to go so fast with so little effort, without the numbing sensation of the pavement rumbling under wheels that you get with rollerblading.

I love taking a walk after a recent snow, and how rooftops melt into the white sky the morning after a heavy snowfall. The crunch under boots, or the sparkle of fresh snow in the light is just beautiful.

I also love to shovel snow. I don't know what it is about it, but it's so relaxing and meditative, even if it does kill my back after a short while. Pushing through that pain can be very rewarding in the end, especially when you end a hard hour or two of shoveling with some hot chocolate.

Yeah, I love hot chocolate after being out in the snow, too :p

There's also that last moment of winter, when the first robin of Spring chirps at you as you walk down the street.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Summer all the way! I was born in late june, so I'm a total summer baby. I love everything about the summer. I know it sounds crazy but I love the heat. Honestly I can't stand being cold. I absolutely love swimming, so yeah for me spending a hot summer day in a pool, at the beach, or at a lake, its the best.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Autumn is my very favorite season. I love how the weather becomes cooler out. It's not too hot and not too cold and all one needs is a light jacket. I always enjoyed going on drives to look at the leaves changing color. It gets really pretty here in WV, especially going for a drive on the back roads in the state. My family has always taken a fall trip for the most part. We go different places, but when I was little, we always went to Dolly Sods, Seneca Rocks, and Blackwater Falls. Apparently one of my great grandparents' homeplace is in Dolly Sods. One year we walked down the long hill to get to the tiny cabin. I remember being told there were 8 siblings in the family. The field was quite full of dried cow patties, and my dad and siblings had a fight with them. Apparently, it was a past time growing up or something.

I always love the leaves though and the various colors one spots. Reds are my favorite to find. I love crunching in the leaves and leaf piles too. I've not jumped into one in years, but I remember building a huge one for the daycare one year. It was their first experience in the leaves.

Autumn also seems to be the time of relationships for me. Every relationship I've gotten into has started in the fall, usually in September or October for the most part. So autumn has become linked in my mind as a romantic season. I dunno. I just think it'd be very nice to go on a walk with the one you love through the leaves and such. I used to have a fanart piece of Gohan and Videl (from DBZ) walking in the autumn leaves.

Of course, Autumn is also my birthday, even though by November things are really dying, but still :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I like spring and summer - but really late spring and early summer are my most favorite times of the year.

The biggest reasons for me are the sunshine and the fact that carnivals/fairs come during this time. eeee!

:)