Books

What genre of books do you usually read?

Childrens
13%
Mystery
No votes
True Crime
No votes
Horror
No votes
Romance
13%
Non-fiction
13%
Fiction
38%
Other
25%

Total votes: 8

alexanderbrite

Books

Post by alexanderbrite »

What genre of books do you read?
A L E X A N D E R B R I T E

JoeyAngel
Admin

Books

Post by JoeyAngel »

I clicked fiction.. mainly because the content of the books i read change all the time. I read a lot of period tudor fiction but then i read the Twilight books twice over which then lead me to the Vampire Chronicles which blows twilight off the scale in comparison! Go Team Lestat! lol The VC books are plentiful though and so far i am on book 9 of 10 and its taken me a couple of years to get to this point...

Chibi Rachy

Books

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I selected other. While I do read a range of non-fiction texts and fiction, my favorite reads are lesbian romantic thrillers, and what I read the most of.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

JoeyAngel
Admin

Books

Post by JoeyAngel »

Sarah Waters is an awesome writer in that genre ChibiRachy.. she wrote a few but so far i have read Tipping the velvet and Fingersmith. Both set in Victorian england.
I have three yet to read but on my list for after VC is finished ^^

Clinozoisite

Books

Post by Clinozoisite »

I selected "fiction" because it covers all of the subgenres, as well. Although, I do read a good bit on non-fiction, too...

There needs to be a "select all" button! My house looks like a darn bookstore, I've got so many. :lol: :lol:

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Books

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

I chose Non-Fiction because I read a lot of mostly technical stuff that relates to my other interests.

On the other hand, I have all 103 of the books and stories that Georges Simenon wrote about Chief Superintendent Jules Maigret, the fictional chief of the Homicide Squad for the Judicial Police of Paris. I've been to many of the locations mentioned in the books and photographed them.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

stormberryfairy

Books

Post by stormberryfairy »

I like fantasy/romance books best.

Chibi Rachy

Books

Post by Chibi Rachy »

JoeyAngel wrote:Sarah Waters is an awesome writer in that genre ChibiRachy.. she wrote a few but so far i have read Tipping the velvet and Fingersmith. Both set in Victorian england.
I have three yet to read but on my list for after VC is finished ^^
XD I wouldn't consider either of those romantic thrillers though. I'm talking more about the stuff that's got some sort of crime or murder mystery or serial killer, like Deal with the Devil (Casey series by Vali), Elite Operatives series by Baldwin and the coauthor whose last name I can't spell), or the Honor series by Radclyffe. I have read Tipping the Velvet and loved it, but I read Fingersmith and hated it.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

alexanderbrite

Books

Post by alexanderbrite »

Yeah I missed one option: all

Sorry about that guys and gals.
A L E X A N D E R B R I T E

Clinozoisite

Books

Post by Clinozoisite »

Chibi Rachy wrote:...my favorite reads are lesbian romantic thrillers, and what I read the most of.
Have you ever read any of lesbian pulp novels from the 1940s? They're pretty rare, but a friend of mine found some at John King's last time she visited me. I guess they were equal parts trashy and awesome. :lol:

http://www.rarebooklink.com