Hey

what were you afraid of as a child?
are you still afraid of that?
what are you afraid of as an adult?
A L E X A N D E R B R I T E

WishBear2001

Re: What were you afraid of as a child?

Post by WishBear2001 »

I voted water because I went swimming once in the 4 feet area at our local public pool and was only 3 feet. Loved water before that though. Still afraid and never swim in the 10 feet area or dive off the diving board.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I dislike bees, but I think most people do. Nothing on your list applies to me.

My fear as a child was staying away from home. I did not sleep over with friends. I could only stay at my grandma's and usually one of my other siblings was with me. I broke that in late middle school. However, I still had issues about staying away for really long periods, aka college, so that first month of being away was pure #@!*, especially for my parents, cause mom was ready to kill me... I broke it though (obviously since I live on my own).

As an adult if I had to fear anything, it's driving when the weather is horrible. I don't like driving in bad weather, and part of that might also stem from the wreck I had over 3 years ago.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

I have always been petrified of spiders. Its not a like I have a little fear of them, its pretty bad. I totally freak out and start to hyperventilate and I actually start crying. I can't be near any type of spider. It doesn't matter how big or small.
I'm also afraid of needles. Getting a shot isn't fun for me. I can't take the idea of something stabbing through my skin. Its freaks me out. I honestly can't watch people in movies getting stabbed or getting needled injections.

alexanderbrite

Post by alexanderbrite »

Chibi Rachy wrote:I dislike bees, but I think most people do. Nothing on your list applies to me.

My fear as a child was staying away from home. I did not sleep over with friends. I could only stay at my grandma's and usually one of my other siblings was with me. I broke that in late middle school. However, I still had issues about staying away for really long periods, aka college, so that first month of being away was pure #@!*, especially for my parents, cause mom was ready to kill me... I broke it though (obviously since I live on my own).

As an adult if I had to fear anything, it's driving when the weather is horrible. I don't like driving in bad weather, and part of that might also stem from the wreck I had over 3 years ago.
I'm sorry nothing on my list applied to you, but you were able to type out your fears. I too am afraid of staying away from home and bad weather driving. In your wreck, did you get bad hurt? I'm just curious. I've been in 2 car wrecks over the past 7 years. I'm afraid of my parents driving in bad weather... I love them so much I never want them to be in pain.

Rainbowbrite84: I'm a little scared of spiders too... my grandma was deathly afraid of them, even tiny ones. Me as far as needles - I'm used to them. Since 2002 I've been home injecting myself with prescription hormone Testosterone. I see an endo and they said my T level was low so I'm on hormones, and I inject twice a month. The spot I have to 'shoot' myself is in the thigh (it's a muscle injection, so it has to go into the muscle). I gave myself a shot just the other day and I felt nothing, just the sting of the needle touching my skin, but once it was in I felt no pain. Afterwards, the pain I feel ... it usually gets a knot on my skin. But I won't go to the doctor to get it injected, every injection now costs $10.

ANYWAY I want to thank you both for sharing your own stories of fears. It's brave to admit to such fears.

Have a rainbow day, everyone!
Alex
A L E X A N D E R B R I T E

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

alexanderbrite wrote:I'm sorry nothing on my list applied to you, but you were able to type out your fears. I too am afraid of staying away from home and bad weather driving. In your wreck, did you get bad hurt? I'm just curious. I've been in 2 car wrecks over the past 7 years. I'm afraid of my parents driving in bad weather... I love them so much I never want them to be in pain.
Staying away from home was the biggest thing I dealt with as a kid. But college broke me of that, and I soon would only go home for breaks when the dorm was closed. I loved my freedom, and not being around siblings, or family. I could not imagine still living at home because I would clash with my family.

I wasn't hurt at all in my wreck. I was driving home for a weekend visit in a rain storm. The roads were wet and I didn't see the oil on the road. When I hit it, my car started going back and forth and I lost control. I spun off to the left, and ended up on a hill off the road. I messed up the front end of my car and broke the seal on the front tire (and had loads of mud), but I was okay, and the car was okay. I was lucky that no cars were coming at the time, and that I didn't spin off to the right. If I had done that, I would have broke the guard rail and landed in a creek. It shook me up pretty badly. I still have my car though. It's still kicking, and works well.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

I was scared of spiders...still am...though I have a lot of dreams about them where they don't really scare me...I know it's pretty unfounded for the most part...nothing particularly traumatic happened to me or anything....but if I try to kill a spider myself...i start breaking out in a sweat and i get nauseated ...i think i really do clinically have arachniphobia...i havn't been diagnosed or anything but i'm sure i would be. It's weird though cause sometimes I can think the big hairy spiders are kinda cute. And I have been a pretty big fan of the Alien movies and i love facehuggers and they look a lot like spiders so i dunno lol

Aside from that...I'll go in shallow ends of pools..and i LOVE water...i was really into taking baths a LOT when I was little...and i loved Mermaids (still do)..i use to cross my legs at the ankles and pretend i was Madison in the bathtub in the movie "Splash" LOL But unfortunately I don't know how to swim...in kindergarten they had it so we could sign up for swimming lessons and there was 1 teacher to maybe 10 or more kids...they had us walking in the water while bobbing up and down...anyhow i lost my footing...and for some reason found it hard to stand back up...i managed to find the concrete wall on the side and cut open my knuckles and knees panicking to get up using the wall...really freaky for a 6 year old. I could never bring myself to go in again till '05 ..but only the shallow end...i actually swam with a noodle on my back and didn't realize the person with me had let go lol So technically I CAN swim I guess...but if you freak out you just sink so... that's my biggest issue i think...it's psychological. But Starvoyager got me into the shallow end of the pool in DisneyWorld last june before i came down with my cold/flu and I enjoyed it. I really do love water. Considering I use to live on an island fishing community i guess that's not suprising. And Humpback Whales are my absolute most favorite animal.

And i'm sure this won't suprise any of you because of my user name but...from as long as i can remember (and i can remember stuff from before age 2..i know most believe you can't but i know i do)...i was terrified of growing up....to a rather unhealthy extent that I don't want to divuldge publicly ..but the hubby knows all about it. I use to cry all the time and with every birthday..no joke...I was counting down...or er....up to age 13 because I thought at 13 it would all be over. Let's just say when I got my period I was traumatized sitting in the rocking chair at my grandparents house where i lived....christmastime....staring out the window thinking "I'm not a little girl anymore" LOL Needless to say...a tad of an overreaction as I'm still one hehehehe

Those are the biggest ones I can think of at the moment.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Maki

Post by Maki »

One thing I know I am afraid of now: heights!

My eyes scan a lot; they don't see straight, but I can still see well.