Future of Rainbowland Forums

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Clinozoisite wrote:There is a Rainbow Brite ML?!
Sure is! Has been since 1998 :)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rainbowbrite/
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

I used to be on it but it was mostly inactive so I came on here. I no longer have an account there after a spam attack.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Clinozoisite wrote:At least 14 unique users have posted in the past week. The topics have ranged from eBay sales to custom dolls to collecting interests. In all, I think we have a pretty good forum here. I know that I enjoy stopping by, and visiting this forum is part of my daily internet routine.

Are we a good community? Not really. But that has less to do with the topics discussed than with the gathering of many type-A personalities in one place. With so many strong personalities coming together, there are bound to be some differences of opinion. However, if we all treated each other with a bit more respect (like taking personal pet-peeves to PM, rather than posting publicly about them), I think this would be a happier place. Considering we all love a television show about a magical little girl who brings light, color and happiness to the world, not very many folks display charitable attitudes towards the diversity of this forums' members.
I agree with Clinozoisite 100%

I really love RB and sharing things with members. I have some of you on my fb friend list and keep up with things there. I also come on here to see whats new from time to time.

I'm really sorry, I do not want this to sound bad in any way, but I stopped posting mainly because I felt like a lot of things I was sharing or contributing was attacked and over-corrected a lot by a couple members, or maybe just not enough people were interested in it... I felt that I wasn't wanted or needed here.

Other than all the above, I really would like this to stay around. I don't want to see an end to this forum.

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Aquarius wrote:
Clinozoisite wrote:At least 14 unique users have posted in the past week. The topics have ranged from eBay sales to custom dolls to collecting interests. In all, I think we have a pretty good forum here. I know that I enjoy stopping by, and visiting this forum is part of my daily internet routine.

Are we a good community? Not really. But that has less to do with the topics discussed than with the gathering of many type-A personalities in one place. With so many strong personalities coming together, there are bound to be some differences of opinion. However, if we all treated each other with a bit more respect (like taking personal pet-peeves to PM, rather than posting publicly about them), I think this would be a happier place. Considering we all love a television show about a magical little girl who brings light, color and happiness to the world, not very many folks display charitable attitudes towards the diversity of this forums' members.
I agree with Clinozoisite 100%

I really love RB and sharing things with members. I have some of you on my fb friend list and keep up with things there. I also come on here to see whats new from time to time.

I'm really sorry, I do not want this to sound bad in any way, but I stopped posting mainly because I felt like a lot of things I was sharing or contributing was attacked and over-corrected a lot by a couple members, or maybe just not enough people were interested in it... I felt that I wasn't wanted or needed here.

Other than all the above, I really would like this to stay around. I don't want to see an end to this forum.

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:
Aquarius is correct. There are some people here that are over-reactive and under-appreciative. I went to the time and trouble to create a Sprite Matrix that listed all 39 sprites by color, size, type and name. There wasn't a single response. A couple months later I inserted this matrix into a then-new discussion about the sprites and was told that it was totally unnecessary. It's like 'why bother?' to create useful content when it's ignored and/or dissed? That matrix did not include the Stick-On Sprites because we didn't know about them at the time. After the reception the original matrix received I see no reason to update it to include the Stick On's.

Somehow I have the idea that the person who thought my efforts were unecessary is also one of the people that Aquarius was talking about. I do know that one or two other members have openly called her rude in the recent past.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Compared to one of my other fandoms, this forum would be very active. XD

Community is always a necessary thing, no matter how small. To be honest, I don't have Facebook and I rarely use my Twitter account. I got rid of ol' FB in '08 and never looked back.

The problem with small communities is that one has to get used to not getting a lot of feedback for things. People just don't always comment and that's simply a fact. It's easy to comment on fanart, but for other types of projects, it becomes more difficult. I'm not saying that more people should comment either. I'm just saying that it's harder to get feedback in general because there isn't a large fanbase. I'm used to all of this.

I can say that I don't often visit this forum anymore. Well, I do check it, but post less. I'm not really interested in collecting as much, which is a big part of discussion. I got the things I wanted and so I kinda stopped. Life is busy with a fulltime job and fulltime grad school so my mind is often pulled in a million places.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Oh ... I am very late with my post but well ...
I had almost no free time the last year so I wasn t able to check the forum and post around.
But I would be sad if this community (even if it is very samll) would disappear.
It feels nice to revisit this place after such a long time ! ^^

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

I for one would be sad if the RB forums were to be shut down. Sure I'm not as active as I used to be here, but this is the only forum I visit regularly. Often I am more of a lurker/reader than I am a poster, but I have stuck around for 10 years now and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon :rbsmile: Members come and go and a few stick around, but it always good to read/respond with someone who shares a common bond- that being RB.

Sukey :rainbow:
:rainbow: Sukey

Wardah

Post by Wardah »

The one section that is usually quite active is the customs section. It has been a little slower than usual but that is because one of the most prolific customizers is in the middle of a move. I think maybe some contests or something might be fun and get things moving.

BabyDoll

Post by BabyDoll »

I try to check in every couple weeks. Even if I don't post, I like to keep up to date on what everyone's discussing in the Rainbowsphere.

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

I don't use fb, but if I can put something on my ebay listings, I'd do it. I didn't know if we were allowed to promote stuff on our listings?

I'm pretty computer illiterate.

If it weren't for this forum, I definitely wouldn't still be making customs!
Everyone has such great ideas & it's so much fun to see other art works.

I wish there were more that would be willing to make customs, I feel like I may bother people with all my listings on here about customs. I sure hope I have never made anyone feel unimportant or silly on here. I enjoy reading everyone's posts & try to respond to different parts, don't want to be the customs "bully" :)

Anyhow, I'd be sad to not have the forum. Ebay is just full of rude people, at least here people can be friendly & most actually care about the dolls as a collectors item.