Materials question

Wardah

Materials question

Post by Wardah »

I am just wondering where you custom makers, especially Jazzy, find your fabric and yarn that look so much like the originals?

Clinozoisite

Materials question

Post by Clinozoisite »

I don't know about Jazzy, but vintage yarn is pretty easy to find on eBay. And usually quite cheap, as it's mostly partial skeins.

I don't know about the fabric, though. Have you checked your local stores, like JoAnn?

Wardah

Materials question

Post by Wardah »

I just did a search for "vintage yarn" and a bunch of different kinds of yarns from different sellers popped up and I have no clue which would work and which wouldn't. I was more looking for specific sites or sellers I could depend on.

jazzycreations

Materials question

Post by jazzycreations »

I go to all places, Goodwill! lol
that's where I've found the thin 80's yarn. I think it's hard to tell online. I usually have bad luck, maybe the colors on my screen are off on the computer, but it comes to me & is totally different.

I fins some fabrics from other people on here for trades:) & sometimes on dress up stuff at second hand stores. So when I have it I have it. I just buy it when I can.
Then the rest is from walmart or Joanns.
their materials seem to be dwindling lately though, some fabrics I always get there are out. :(

Wardah

Materials question

Post by Wardah »

I don't have any Goodwills near me, you think places like Savers and Salvation Army would be good to look for the right yarn? And for the fabrics it is just second hand stores and Walmart and Jo-Anns? I expected some fancy online store for the yarn and fabrics.

Tho part of me wonders if for a smaller doll a smaller yarn might look better?

stormberryfairy

Materials question

Post by stormberryfairy »

I saw some good shiny material at the thrift store a couple days ago, but I wasn't sure you would need it Jazzy, so I didn't get it. If you want me to pick that stuff up tho, just let me know and I'll get it next time.

jazzycreations

Materials question

Post by jazzycreations »

what color shiney????? !!!!! I wish I could see it. let me know ....

stormberryfairy

Materials question

Blue, silver, and gold. It wasn't a lot of each, but maybe enough to use on doll dresses.

jazzycreations

Materials question

Post by jazzycreations »

hmmm, i'd trade for it probably. if it's still there. blue would be fun.

stormberryfairy

Materials question

It was gone. :(