Barbie rainbow brites?

punyichigo

Barbie rainbow brites?

Post by punyichigo »

Now i know many people have given attempts at making rainbow brite as a barbie doll. I recently have seen one on ebay(which i really did not like, it seemed a bit rushed, just my 2 cents though...) I would really like to see any other attempts if anyone has any pics, i know im giving it a shot with a Stormy, ive never seen a barbie version of her! i know some people feel rainbow shouldnt be done as a barbie as they feel barbie is a very sexed up doll but i belive if done correctly it would be really cute to see rainbow grown up, other than using a barbie you could aswell make an obitsu anime version i guess.

Stormyfan

Barbie rainbow brites?

Post by Stormyfan »

I'd like to see a Stormy. Fore cuteness, I think it depends on the face of the doll. I used a Sailor Moon style doll to make a Dark Princess. I posted pictures here.

punyichigo

Barbie rainbow brites?

Post by punyichigo »

oh goodness stormy fan, shes adorable, ive never seen a dark princess custom that was not plush version, great job(although it seems the dark princess has been getting a lot nicer over the years, she seems happy!) very cute.

Tom-sprite

Barbie rainbow brites?

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Stormyfan :

I think it was a very good choice to use a Sailor moon doll.
Your dolly turned out supercute ! ^^

@punyichigo :

A Barbie-version would not be my first choice but if it s done nicely this could be interesting too ! :-D

Chibi Rachy

Barbie rainbow brites?

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I think it would be interesting to see the variations that one could create, and I'm certainly all for anything Stormy :D
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

punyichigo

Barbie rainbow brites?

Post by punyichigo »

Its interesting mattel hasnt taken part in the rainbow brite craze. it would be nice to see a barbie rainbow brite, itd be very cute, somewhat like their alice in wonderland and little red riding hood renditions for the collector line(they were adorable). Although i would much rather prefer a kelly collectors version of rainbow brite, just imagine a full line of the color kids. Im realy hoping madame alexander releases a full line of color kids, just like they did with the starwberry shortcake line.

I believe quite a while ago someone had posted on ebay a very pretty custom barbie as rainbow and they had also included a custom starlite hardbody horse but with the type of hair barbie uses(not the usual yarn starlite has), that person did such an amazing job.I wish i had saved a pic, perhaps someone here has?

Stormyfan

Barbie rainbow brites?

Post by Stormyfan »

Kelly kids would be so cute for the Color Kids and friends. They have the look of cartoon characters.

Tom-sprite
Glad you thought it is cute. I like the big eyes of anime dolls. The doll I used was a Japanese version.

stormberryfairy

Barbie rainbow brites?

Post by stormberryfairy »

I think I bought that RBB Barbie on Ebay you're talking about. If so, then that was per my request and she was rushed because the chic that made her wanted to get her done quickly so she could see if there would be a market for them. Alas, I was the only one that wanted her, but that was great for me! She's not perfect, but I still love her. She's making me 2 more right now and they will be better. She's making me a Stormy, and a Rainbow with rainbow colored hair! I cannot wait to get them!!! I have many customs in the works right now actually. :) I'm not making any of them myself, but I mean I have many ordered from several different people, lol.

punyichigo

Barbie rainbow brites?

Post by punyichigo »

oh.. i dint realize she was rushed, i cant imagine how any newer rainbow brite customs might turn out if the customizer takes her time, theyd be amazing! perhaps if she makes more for ebay it might go better in sales next time.

Galacticatt

Barbie rainbow brites?

Post by Galacticatt »

Oh- I saw that Barbie Rainbow Brite after the auction was over- I totally would have bid on it :P

She came out really cute! Is she going to make more just for you S or is she planning on releasing them on ebay? I'd better keep an eye out, heh