Ways to display sprite plushes

mtaylo28

Ways to display sprite plushes

Post by mtaylo28 »

I'm looking for a good way to display my sprite plushes without them getting dusty (or hairy as my cat will try to lay on them if they are exposed) Anybody got any ideas?

Radiant Bridge

Re: Ways to display sprite plushes

Post by Radiant Bridge »

Do you have a bookshelf or a spot for one in the room where you want to display? You could put the sprites in the back section of a high shelf which your cat can't get to and cover the front section to prevent dust build up. Colored plastic wrap would look nice flat on a shelf and stop dust attraction. This might keep the sprites in the back clean because dust tends to start at the front of partially enclosed spaces like bookshelves.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Here's how I have my RB dolls displayed:

But I do have to blow dust off of them on occasion.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Woah, impressive display there Katy! I've got a shelving unit like the one left in your picture but my RB dolls are sitting on the upper shelf only cos the rest is full of stuff lol.

So what does the opposite side of your room look like, is it filled with MLP? :P

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Post by ~Baby~Dragonfly~ »

The few i have left i have in a curio cabinet, gets less dusty then
"Everything Happens For A Reason"
~Baby~Dragonfly~

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

SunSpire wrote:So what does the opposite side of your room look like, is it filled with MLP? :P
LOL...no, no MLP's sadly. But if you go here and view the other pics in the series, you can see the rest of the room ;)

http://thehailes.smugmug.com/gallery/52 ... 4166_FxenS
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Looks like a really nice place to live, so spacious .. and exceptionally tidy!

My room is a mess right now, after the heavy rain last week I noticed that water found its way inside the left corner of my room through the outer wall. Now I got to take off the whole cabinet to dry it out and then contact my landlord for a solution. I'm SO glad my RB dolls are inside the cabinet in the opposite corner of my room, and safe from water.

Thanks for sharing Katy :)

mtaylo28, I think the pictures pretty much sum it up, unless you want your dolls to be behind glass there's probably no better way of displaying them :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

That is an impressive collection! I have been in the My Little Pony mindset so long I never would have considered using the wire cube shelving (ponies don't stand well on them). I might have to look in to that option, as right now I just have one shelf with my MIB RB dolls and the loose dolls are every where.

Thanks for sharing!

mtaylo28

Post by mtaylo28 »

Thanks for the ideas. I think I am going to get a curio cabinet. I want to protect the plushies from dust, my cat, and my dogs. We don't want anyone getting chewed up do we...
Support Bacteria!
Its the only culture some people have.

rainbowstarfaery

Post by rainbowstarfaery »

Try IKEA. It´s where I got two display cases.
Everyday is unique.Enjoy each momment