Where to buy rainbow brite items

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Ebay is the best and usually the only place.

But don't go crazy (like I did when I discovered so many RBB dolls on ebay for the first time).

Do a bit of research first- search "completed auctions" to get an idea of an appropriate price before you bid.

Stormyfan

Post by Stormyfan »

Sometimes flea markets and yardsales might have them. Some members here had luck with there finds.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

eBay is definitely the best place, but be sure to research Completed Listings to get an idea of how rare a doll is, or what an appropriate price to pay would be.
If you're trying to get her multiple dolls, try searching for lots. This way, you'll get a nice discount on shipping. :)

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Galacticatt wrote:Ebay is the best and usually the only place.

But don't go crazy (like I did when I discovered so many RBB dolls on ebay for the first time).
Lol I remember the first time seeing all the RB stuff available on ebay, I didn't know what to do! I definitely went crazy and bought a lot :)

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Rainbowbrite84 wrote:Lol I remember the first time seeing all the RB stuff available on ebay, I didn't know what to do! I definitely went crazy and bought a lot
Yeah- that is exactly what I did. Ebay was pretty new back then too (2000).

Back before ebay became super big (and the economy tanked) I used to see the occasional Rainbow Brite doll or sprite at an antique store or even thrift store (but usually they were in very worn condition) - now I hardly ever see anything, and when I do it is in terrible shape.

Another place that often has Rainbow Brite stuff is Etsy.com. It is not in an auction format though, so people tend to sell their dolls for the best price they think they can get. I think I have seen some dolls for very fair prices up there.