Ways to display collection

silverorangetears

Post by silverorangetears »

I recently moved and have been living in my new home for a few months now.. my dollies and other Rainbow Brite things unfortunately are still living at home with mom and dad. :(

I'd like to display my dolls here at my new place but I'm not sure how to go about it, We bought a trailer, and I don't think the walls can support the type of shelves I had before. I can't have free standing bookcases because the two very curious kitties will climb them..

so basically.. I guess.. How do you all display your collections and keep them safe?

any suggestions for my situation?

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

I wish I had some suggestions :( Right now all of my RB collection is boxed up and in storage

silverorangetears

Ahh! See that's exactly what I don't want to happen :(
I want to be able to see them, they brighten my day, inspire me to create! I miss them :(

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Same here. Short of having a dedicated Rainbow Brite room, full of shelves or display cabinets, I can't think of a good way to display my collection...

If you have a trailer now, you should be able to put up a bracket-type of wall shelving. At least, I know several people who have similar set-ups in their places.
Like this: http://www.workalicious.org/2008/10/elf ... _2522.html

silverorangetears

thats very similar to what i have at my parents house, i wasn't sure if the walls would support the weight of the brackets and all the dolls as well..
thanks for the tip Clinozoisite! i'll have to revisit that idea!

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

You may not be able to put up as extensive of a set-up as some of those photos, but most pre-fab homes are pretty sturdy in their construction. My friend owns a pretty new double-wide and I'm almost positive he had no problem hanging heavy things from the walls.

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

I had bookcases at my apartment and they came with an attachment piece to tack/ nail them to the wall so they wouldn't topple over. I had six kitties at the time and sometimes they would jump on the shelves. Just make sure they are secure (not familiar how trailer walls are constructed). I moved recently too and all my toys are still packed away :(
:rainbow: Sukey