Most Prized RB Item

Rainbowbrite84

Most Prized RB Item

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

I thought it would be fun if we all shared that one RB item we own, that's the crown jewel of our collection.

Mine is a set of 4 hand painted animation cells from the Rainbow Brite cereal commercial with the COA. I got it at a toy collectible store for $30. The cells were already framed with the COA on back. This is definitely my favorite piece in my RB collection. I think I'd cut off my arm before I would ever sell it :)
The 2 Rainbow Brite cells side by side

I'm excited to see what everyone else has to share!

silverorangetears

Most Prized RB Item

Post by silverorangetears »

that rainbow brite on the right in the 3rd picture makes me giggle, she's just a *little* too Disney Princess.. you know?

I'm pretty boring about my collection, I used to adore buying lots of obscure little random Rainbow Brite things, but in my old age, the only things I really care about are my Vintage dolls. My Moonglo, Dress-up-Rainbow-Brite(MIB), and Indigo(MIB) dollies to be specific. I'd eat a Brazilian fire ant before i sold those three. /nod

That SAID.. i have no pictures atm of them. :(

Clinozoisite

Most Prized RB Item

Post by Clinozoisite »

Mine are probably my production cels, from the TV series and movie (and the cereal commercial, too):
http://stemcels.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... esID=11373

I also have a bit of concept art and post-production artwork, but I believe the cels are my favorites.
In terms of toys, I really just absolutely love my 10" RB dolls. They're so adorable! It's no wonder I have so many of them. :)

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Most Prized RB Item

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Those are great cels!! Hopefully I'll be able to add one of those to my collection one of these days :)

My prize piece is my Dress-Up Rainbow Brite prototype doll:

Poor MIB HB Starlite lost his spot as #1...lol :lol:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Clinozoisite

Most Prized RB Item

Post by Clinozoisite »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Those are great cels!! Hopefully I'll be able to add one of those to my collection one of these days :)
I do know someone who is selling a few RB TV cels with original matching backgrounds. PM me, if you're interested. Just FYI, they'll be about $150+ apiece.

Poor MIB HB Starlite lost his spot as #1...lol :lol:
But at least he lost his #1 spot to something totally AMAZING! *_*

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Most Prized RB Item

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Clinozoisite wrote:I do know someone who is selling a few RB TV cels with original matching backgrounds. PM me, if you're interested. Just FYI, they'll be about $150+ apiece.
PM sent :) Thanks!
But at least he lost his #1 spot to something totally AMAZING! *_*
True! :bg: :bg: :bg:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Most Prized RB Item

Post by Chibi Rachy »

My favorite piece is not an official product, but it's the one thing I would not sell. I love my custom Stormy doll, mostly because she's done to look like the cartoon version, and not the prototype doll version that was never released.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

stormberryfairy

Most Prized RB Item

Post by stormberryfairy »

My fave is my concept art pieces that I got for this past Christmas. My ultimate fave is the baby sprites one with the nursery playset. I sure do wish that had been made!
Last edited by stormberryfairy on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stormyfan

Most Prized RB Item

Post by Stormyfan »

I have a tie between two dolls. One is my Jazzy made cartoon look Stormy and my Moonglow that me and my mom won. There pictured in my collection thread.

Galacticatt

Most Prized RB Item

Post by Galacticatt »

I love love love the animation cells-

Katy- I love love love (want) love that doll... I am always thinking- what would Katy trade for her? But the problem is that the only things I think you'd be willing to trade- I am just as attached to :D Plus- it is sort of fitting that you have a dress-up RBB prototype, being the queen of rainbowland and all

Serena- you know I am now dying to see your nursery concept art!!!! Are you going to share?

As for my favorite- it is definitely my prototype Lala- if the house was burning down I'd be hard pressed not to go in for her! :D

I couldn't find a pic I could link (the pics I have on WIX are flash) - but there is a teeny pic of her in my userpic- and I have more pics at my wix photo site...