Original Coloring Book Art

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

I'm so excited! I managed to obtain original art from the coloring book "Dome Sweet Dome"

CLICK HERE!

I think the weirdest page in the whole coloring book is the heart maze. The caption asks the reader to help La La Orange deliver a message to Red Butler, her secret lover! :lol: :lol:

Does anyone have a copy of the actual coloring book they'd like to sell? Unfortunately, while this came with all the artwork, it did not come with a copy of the color book itself. I'd love to find one! :)

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Lucky find, but you only have the Dome, Sweet Dome cover. Of the pages themselves are from a whole other book entirely.

Dome Sweet Dome was a coloring book with 60 pages and did not include puzzles or mazes. The pages you have, while some are from DSD, some are not. In fact a lot of the coloring books did use the same pages and puzzles as others, so you often got multiple books with the same pictures in it. Anyway, while you do have the cover to Dome Sweet Dome...the coloring pages you have are from the "Giant" coloring book which did have both the pages and puzzles and was 127 pages long! (1 of 2 of the largest Rainbow Brite Coloring books produced!)

I've gone through your pictures, and matched them up. Your photos are even numbered the same as the "Giant" coloring book!

So, bravo! You got more then you thought!

If you are looking for a copy of the "Dome" coloring book, they do appear on ebay pretty regularly:Like this one here that ended a few weeks ago

A complete copy of this book is also here: Dome Sweet Dome Coloring Book on the RB.Co.Uk. Site

But the "Giant" book is currently on Ebay here: Buy it now for $12.50

and you can download it here: A Giant Coloring Book on the RB.Co.Uk Site

And yes: the "Maze" does say "Lover" on it.
Attachments
Lala and Red Butler maze
Lala and Red Butler maze
page125.gif (17.04 KiB) Viewed 1114 times

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Congrats!! I figured you were the winner of that auction :) Glad you didn't miss it this time :lol:

And LMAO at the "lover" thing! I never paid attention to that before! Hahahhaa
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Rainbow Brite UK wrote:Lucky find, but you only have the Dome, Sweet Dome cover. Of the pages themselves are from a whole other book entirely.
Weird, but cool! Thanks for the info. I'll definitely need to nab copies of both of these coloring books, neither of which I currently own. :)

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

Congrats! I was watching to see how high it'd go. I spent all my money on dolls so I couldn't bid, lol.