BUSY EVENING!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

BUSY EVENING!!!

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

I sort of outdid myself this evening...

I got all 30 of the Regina Regenbogen cassettes from the same seller in Germany this evening! They were listed one by one and that's how I got them. Now I don't have to worry about getting a few here and a couple there and paying postage to 15 different people!

I also got three passenger cars/coaches for my model train collection. They were sold together as a lot and there was one of them that I really wanted and haven't found in a year of looking.

I also did a good day's work at home today. A week ago I rented a storage unit because my place was bursting at the seams. I took a load of stuff there (it's near my office, too far to go unless I'm going to work) each day between last Monday and Friday. That cleared out the second bedroom, which has never had a bed in it. That done, I took everything from the attic down to the second bedroom so I can get it into the unit in the near future. When that's done the second bedroom will be mostly empty and the attic will only have my RB collection, some empty cartons and a place where I paint my model cars, trucks and buses.

Tomorrow (17 January) is a US holiday so I'm off. I'll go see a friend and maybe go somewhere else depending on the weather. I took off on this coming Friday and the following Monday to be in the city of Douai, France for the centenary of the birth of Michel Warlop, my favorite jazz musician. That's actually on next Sunday and I'll visit the place he grew up, which is an excellent bakery and chocolate shop across the street from the town hall.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

stormberryfairy

BUSY EVENING!!!

Post by stormberryfairy »

Wow you have been busy! Congrats on your new goodies!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

BUSY EVENING!!!

Thanks, stormberryfairy! Better yet, since I got all 30 of the tapes, the seller gave me 10% off! Two other people were bidding against me on some of them but I ended up with the entire set.

For the model trains, they aren't all that far away and I'll pick them up in person during the weekend.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

stormberryfairy

BUSY EVENING!!!

Post by stormberryfairy »

That's great! Discounts always make me happy, lol.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

BUSY EVENING!!!

stormberryfairy wrote:That's great! Discounts always make me happy, lol.
Me too!!! :bg: :bg: :bg:

And I get my little trains on Friday. I'll spend the rest of the day photographing real trains.

Wardah

BUSY EVENING!!!

Post by Wardah »

How come you get US holidays off if you are in Europe?

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

BUSY EVENING!!!

That's a trade secret... :bg: