German Comic Books

Rainbow Brite
Admin

German Comic Books

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Blondine, Marco and Tom-Sprite - I think you are the only ones who seriously collect the German comics. Can one of you tell me how many there are?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

German Comic Books

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

There are no less than 46, broken out as follows...

30 regular issues

10 Super Auswahlband//Super Digest issues that each contained two full books from the regular series.

4 Spezial//Special issues that had British art and German text. The quality of the are was much better than the other issues.

1 Extra issue that was taken from the regular series.

And 1 Gross Farbige Comic Buch//Big Colorful Comic Book of 196 pages. All of the material for this book came from the regular issues.

The regular series started in 1987. A new issue arrived every other month, so six a year. The series ended in 1992 and some of the stories in the early books got repeated in later ones in addition to being reused as mentioned above.

The first four issues had adverts by Mattel for RB merchandise. That tells me the line was stopped in the late summer or early fall of 1987.

The books were sold in both East and West Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Switzerland, and possibly in the Germanophone regions of Belgium and Italy. The books also used to display RR fan art from readers and their letters to or about Regina. One of the girls that wrote in was named Regina and she lived in the German town of Regen... Another one came from a girl who lived in a town where I had served in the Army about ten years earlier.

The books also had ads for other comic books published by Interpart Verlag and from time to time other merchandise.

:german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german:
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

German Comic Books

:bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg: :bg:

By The Way, I think it's funny that you asked that question when you did. Our newest member has taken the Screen Name of...Regina Regenbogen!!! She or he hasn't posted yet, so we will have to be patient for a while...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german: :german:
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

German Comic Books

Post by Rainbow Brite »

46?? WOW! I don't suppose you've scanned/photographed all of the covers have you? ;)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

German Comic Books

No, I haven't done any of them at all.

Galacticatt

German Comic Books

Post by Galacticatt »

The covers are really cute btw- (the artwork a bit less so- but still cute just because they are RBB) Thanks to Blondine I own a few myself :D