1996 Rainbow Brite!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

HOLY HIPPOPOTAMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

YBYA, I'll buy her :bg:

PM'ed you.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: 1996 Rainbow Brite!!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:Light Pink Dress / Red Shoes######Maroon Smock
Dark Pink Dress / Green Shoes######Green Smock
Green Dress / Purple Shoes######Purple Smock
To complicate things further, I just got one with a Maroon Dress and Purple Shoes (no smock). I suppose the dress or shoes could've been switched from another doll, but I doubt people bought more than 1 of these things for kids to play with and it doesn't look played with at all...hair is in good shape, etc.
Attachments
Dsc_0065.jpg
Dsc_0065.jpg (173.79 KiB) Viewed 8291 times
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

;
There are two possibilities...

The smock could have been lost or used for another doll.

The doll in the photo may have originally come in the later window box. I have one of these that does not seem to have been opened and she's doesn't have a smock. She even has the same color dress as yours.

Also, my color chart for their clothes may have been off as it was from memory of the dolls in my first collection. Now I have all three clothing variants of the closed box version plus one in a window box. I may have to make some new photos showing them all together. Also, I'd never seen or heard of the window box version back then.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:I may have to make some new photos showing them all together.
That'd be awesome if you get the chance :) I didn't know there was a window box version! Cool!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

I think that if you go find my post in Collecting where my photos are you'll see the window box version.

stormberryfairy

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

Post by stormberryfairy »

I saw one of these at the thrift store the other day, but I didn't get it cause her hair was tangly and she had no shoes.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

I think you were wise to pass her up.

Roxanne

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

Post by Roxanne »

So, those two dolls are the 1996 ones if I am correct?

This is the first time I have heard of them, so I don't have a clue.
My name is Roxanne.
I live in Belgium,
and I just Rainbow Brite!

:rbmoonglow:

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

Here you are, My Gen 2 1996-97 Rainbow Brite Doll Collection...

https://picasaweb.google.com/2013.sncb/RBG2#

Since you're new, I'll explain the Generations for you:

Gen 1 was the original Rainbow Brite dolls and toys that were launched in 1984 by Mattel and produced until 1987. Gen 1 has four subgenerations:

1A: The line started with large and small RB dolls, Red Butler, Canary Yellow, Patty O'Green, Murky Dismal, Lurky and 5 boy sprites.. A few months later came Indigo and Starlite. Then came toys and wall decorations.

1B: This started with a large Lurky, La La Orange, Shy Violet and Buddy Blue followed by a lot of other stuff.

1C: This was for the line of Dress Up dolls and their horses.

1D: This was for the Emotions line of lower priced dolls, sprites, Lurky and Starlite

Gen 2 was for the dolls made by Up Up and Away/Irwin in 1996 and 1997. It was not popular.

Gen 3 was made by Toy Play from 2003 to 2005. It was based on the Gen 1 dolls but did not copy them exactly.

Gen 4 were the 2010 Dolls. They were even less popular than the Gen 2 dolls were and only lasted for seven months. There were two subgenerations.

4A: Made by Playmates. Only three each of dolls, horses and sprites plus one extra RB doll. They made Rainbow and her two friends older than before, sort of like large Polly Pocket dolls.

4B: Made by Madame Alexander while the 4A dolls were in production. Expensive but high quality.

I have done extensive writing on here to explain the generational differences in greater detail plus the catalog numbers for most of the items. You can find that info in RB Discussion.

ABGRL!!!//TZGW!!!

Wardah

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

Post by Wardah »

Does anyone that bothers to collect them have any pics of the smaller dolls under their outfits? I am very curious how they are put together.