1996 Rainbow Brite!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Re: 1996 Rainbow Brite!!

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

I got her!

And I sent a link to the German postal service so she could get the cost online.

She asked me yesterday to send her pictures of my Regina Regenbogen collection, which I did this morning. I think she'll get the idea that her doll is going to a good home and will be part of a major collection.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

:lol: L :lol: O :lol: L :lol:

I just realized that the post above brought this over to its fifth page.

Not bad for a doll that is either hated or shunned by or else unknown to most :rb: collectors.

PS: We need to have some more and different RB emoticons, At least one for each generation and a few more different versions of the original. And oh yes, a French flag for :rblala: and I to admire.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

I just can't bring myself to get these dolls, lol.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I've collected these- sort of out of an obligation when I see them go for cheaps- I have not tried to collect the variations. I know I'm missing one of the smaller dolls MOC- I don't recall which one anymore... Unfortunately, they are stored at my parent's house, and I couldn't find them last time I went down there to look (there are a LOT of boxes in my shed...) -

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

The doll I recently got from Germany arrived the other day and she's so different to all of the others that I've seen that I think she may be a prototype. I've got another one in the post from the USA. When she arrives, I'll put up some photos of both of them on here. It would be very helpful if smeone could put a picture of a naked 1996 doll from the USA or Canada on here for comparison after I get those pix put up. Sorry, but I'm not taking my boxed dolls off of their cardboard backing to do this and I don't have any other loose ones.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

it's easy to know if you have a prototype- there will be no tags or branding-

Also- the face paint is usually hand-painted and the hair hand-rooted (thicker than usual) - sometimes there is a tag attached-

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

OK, here is the Gen 2 doll from Germany plus a my US and Canadian versions for comparison. You will see the European doll is different in many ways from the North American versions. For all that, I think they came from the same factory, so have a look here...

SORRY...Link removed when photos were updated. You can see them over in the Collecting forum.
Last edited by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Galacticatt wrote:it's easy to know if you have a prototype- there will be no tags or branding-

Also- the face paint is usually hand-painted and the hair hand-rooted (thicker than usual) - sometimes there is a tag attached-

There are no tags or branding on any of them...

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

[b]GEN 2 ALERT!!![/b]

Here's a carded Gen 2 Ebony doll if anyone's interested...

I'm Still looking for a carded INDIGO...

Watercolor
Admin

1996 Rainbow Brite!!

Post by Watercolor »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:]GEN 2 ALERT!!!
I'm Still looking for a carded INDIGO...
Is this the one you are looking for? In the blister pack?
If so, I have her....only her! LOL
Wanna buy or trade?
Attachments
Indigo
Indigo
indigo.jpg (179.96 KiB) Viewed 10648 times