Buddy blue

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
LuvRainbows

Buddy blue

Post by LuvRainbows »

I recently ran across a buddy in my closet and put him on my shelf with the rest of my collection, i already had on, but thought id keep him for now rather than put him on ebay, i happened to compare him to my other and theyre pretty close to identical except one is shorter than the other and the pieces that stick out from his shoes are different colors.....their tags are identical.....i didnt know if it was same doll or what? One is 9 inches and other is 11 inches.....anyone know why?

Radiant Bridge

Buddy blue

Post by Radiant Bridge »

Is one of your dolls the silver variant? This version has silver trim on Buddy Blue's outfit and I believe bears different shoes. The older version has slanted trim on the shirt, which is why it's shorter than the fancier one. The doll had to be made with lesser height to accommodate the odd shapes. Buddy Blue's shoulders would have noticeably stuck out against the drooping appearance of the shirt if he had been made as tall as the other kids. Mattel eventually realized the problem with this and introduced the doll with silver stripes so that Buddy Blue could be properly straight.