Thunder and Stars

Chibi Rachy

Re: Thunder and Stars

Post by Chibi Rachy »

To those of you who have read and enjoyed the stories so far, I wanted to say that there will soon be a coverpage for this story. I have commissioned Fanchan to do it for me, and received a basic in progress sketch of it today. It looks amazing so far, and I think that you'll like it too.

I have not abandoned this character pairing, but simply have set it aside for now. There is one small story in the works, but since it addresses a delicate issue, I'm taking it slowly. I had it in mind since I first began writing this pairing though, and I do believe absolute care needs to be taken with it.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

These stories are really cute and sweet. I've thought of yuri pairings for RB characters before, but for some reason Moonglo and Stormy never came to mind. I like it.

Stormy and Moonglo are really cute togeather. Image Image

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

J3llyb3ans wrote:These stories are really cute and sweet. I've thought of yuri pairings for RB characters before, but for some reason Moonglo and Stormy never came to mind. I like it.

Stormy and Moonglo are really cute togeather. Image Image
Thanks :) Like I said in the first post, someone else put the idea of pairing these two into my head. Otherwise, I never would have slashed them. Glad you like the pairing :) I have a new story ready to roll out; it will appear when the new coverpage is finished, which may be later today.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Chibi Rachy

Re: T & S- New short story and cover page :D

Post by Chibi Rachy »

As promised, I have returned, both with a cover page picture and a new short story I finished up last night. The cover page picture was done by Fanchan, who I commissioned to make it. She did a wonderful job, and I hope you'll enjoy it too!

Nightmare

She ran happy amongst the shoppers, eagerly looking at all the stalls, pulling at the hand that held hers. It was a busy market day and she was eager to look for something to take home. Her hand slipped from the larger one that held hers, and she ran off.

“Don’t get too far ahead of me, Stormy. You know that today is crowded,” warned a woman’s voice, but Stormy didn’t pay much attention to the voice. She skipped about, searching for the stall she wanted. She didn’t know what it would have, but she knew she would just know when she came across it.

Stopping suddenly, she crossed her arms across the peppermint green dress that she wore. In addition to the dress, there was a silver lightning bolt pendant around her neck. She wore black boots and her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and held in place by a lightning bolt clip. A tiny bit of hair in the front was braided and hung to the right side of her face.

Her bright green eyes searched the stalls, looking at all the interesting trinkets and foods being sold. Quickly, she made her way toward it, half running, half skipping.

Stormy forgot all about the voice’s warning as she skipped from booth to booth, finally stopping at one where there were tiny handmade dolls being sold. A woman had set out a blanket on the compact dirt, placing the dolls in various poses. Stormy looked over the multi-colored dolls in bright shiny outfits. She picked one up and fingered the fabric, liking the soft feeling of it beneath her fingers. The seller watched her with a soft smile. Before Stormy could do anything else, she felt something rough grab her from behind and pick her up. She struggled, trying to break free.

“Now, now little Belle, that’s not for you to get today. Daddy will get you something else.” Stormy was turned around, and found herself held by a tall man, who kept a tight hold around her waist.

Stormy squirmed to escape, but found that the harder she struggled, the tighter the grip around her waist became. It was hurting her, and she winced as tears formed in her eyes.

“There, there Belle. Another day we’ll get you a doll,” said the voice of the man who held her. He walked off with her, making his way easily through the crowds.

In a panic, Stormy looked around for the hand that she had held earlier, but realized that she couldn’t remember a face. Frantic, she searched her memory for an image that never came. Everything above the hand was merely a blurred image. “Let me go!” protested Stormy, struggling to break free once more.

“Keep it down, you little brat,” spat the man in her face. He squeezed her waist to make his point and Stormy yelped in pain.

“There. There, Belle, that bee didn’t mean to sting you. It’s all right,” soothed the man to get rid of the stares from the other shoppers.

Stormy had never felt so helpless before. Then she realized that she could use the power of the lightning and storms to get rid of this man. She raised her hand to the sky, and began to call on the power of the storm. A few seconds passed and she realized nothing was happening. She tried again, putting more energy into the summoning. She realized that nothing was happening; she couldn’t even feel the clouds nearby. “My… my powers…” she muttered in amazement.

“Don’t try to escape, brat. You won’t get away,” whispered the man into her ear. He squeezed Stormy once more and she gave no reply.

Stormy watched in silence as she was carried throughout the market place, passed all the shoppers. Nothing she could say would get them to notice that she wasn’t supposed to be with this man. Everything she said only earned the man to reply that she was silly, or that something had caused her outburst. To top it off, she couldn’t call the storms and lightning, could figure out why.

She was jarred from her thoughts when the man tossed her to the ground. She groaned, and tried to push herself up. Pain shot through her limbs. She looked up, only to see the man and another one with him. Both had rags in hand.

“Looks like you caught a valuable one, Volkov,” sneered his companion as they both advanced on her.

Stormy sat up, backing as far away from the men as she could get, but her back hit the wall. She was trapped as the men continued to advance on her. The rags came closer to her face and the smell hit her. The world around her slowly faded into black.

Stormy shot up quickly, her hand grasping at her chest. She looked around, breathing heavily. She didn’t know where she was or why she was there. Something reached out to touch her from behind and she quickly pulled away, not wanting it to be the men after her again. “S-stay away!” she whispered, shaky and scared.

Again, she felt the touch and moved to pull away. She didn’t want them to come back, didn’t want the rag put in her face again.

“Stormy, Stormy, calm down,” came the soft voice, as a hand touched her side.

Stormy’s panicked mind slowly registered the voice and knew that it wasn’t one of the men out to get her. She turned around, hoping that it wasn’t a trick. She came face to face with a concerned Moonglo. “I…Moonglo?” she asked, still hoping it wasn’t a trick.

“Stormy, it’s okay. You’re with me, remember?”

Suddenly, Stormy focused on her surroundings. She was outside, in the cool night air. Moonglo was beside her, and had been beside her. They’d been…they’d been watching the stars and Stormy realized that she must have dozed off. Moonglo must have let her sleep instead of waking her up, knowing that Stormy wasn’t used to being up at this time of night.

The memory of the nightmare returned to her full-force and she drew her knees to her chest, trying to get rid of the images that flooded her brain of the all too familiar men that always chased after her.

Moonglo reached out and took Stormy’s hand in her own, intertwining their fingers. “What’s wrong?” she asked, not knowing if Stormy would talk about it or not.

Stormy shook her head, not wanting to remember any more. She buried her head into her knees, not letting Moonglo see her face. She didn’t want her to see her face. Moonglo had never seen her like this. She’d never had the nightmare when she’d been with Moonglo those few times, and when she did, Moonglo was always taking care of her nightly job. She’d kept it secret, hoping that Moonglo would never find out.

Moonglo said no more, not wanting to force Stormy to say what she didn’t want to. Instead, she kept hold of Stormy’s hand, squeezing it every so often. She would wait until Stormy wanted to talk, or at least, until she felt better. Something was troubling her, and Moonglo had never seen Stormy like this before.

Time passed and a gentle breeze picked up, enough to cause a bit of a chill. Moonglo shivered, and looked up when Stormy pulled her to her feet. The two began to walk, heading for the Color Castle. Not a word was spoken between the two, and the only sound heard was that of their feet against the ground.

They moved silently and down the stairs to the lower section of the Color Castle. Moonglo took Stormy to her room. She pushed open the door to the darkened room and used her memory to guide her to Stormy’s bedside. Stormy sat on her bed as Moonglo turned on the dim bedside light before sitting beside Stormy. They sat in silence, side by side.

“You ever had a dream, and you don’t know why?” asked Stormy suddenly.

Moonglo shook her head. “I’ve never had a dream like that,” she answered truthfully.

“I have this dream and it’s always the same. I don’t know what it’s about. I look different and there are these men after me. They want me and they hurt me,” continued Stormy, looking away. “I’m always alone. I’m holding a hand bigger than mine and then I run away from it. I always end up stopping in front of a group of dolls. That’s when the first man gets me. Volkov. Volkov takes me and I can’t escape him.” Her voice began to waver. “I try to. He squeezes my waist. I can’t use my powers. I can’t call up a storm or lightning. I…I can’t do anything.”

“Stormy, it was only a nightmare…it wasn’t real…”

Stormy looked at her, glared, and Moonglo had never seen her look at her that way. “It was like I was there. I felt everything they did to me. It was like it was real. It was more than just a nightmare.”

Moonglo looked away. She’d never gotten that look from Stormy before. ‘I didn’t mean that it was only a nightmare…”

Stormy laid on her bed and faced away from Moonglo, not saying another word. Moonglo waited, but Stormy wouldn’t look at her. She reached out for her hand, and Stormy brushed her off. Moonglo rose and quietly left the room to head to her own room. She laid in her own bed, trying to figure out what had just happened. She drifted in and out of sleep the rest of the night.

The two of them didn’t speak later that evening when Moonglo left to take care of the night sky. Stormy wouldn’t look at her when she waved goodbye. She and Nite Sprite left with the bag of nite sprinkles. Moonglo felt heavier inside and as she decorated the sky, her heart wasn’t into it. The passion that usually sparked her creativity was dried up. She didn’t feel like lighting the sky. Instead, the sky she created echoed the empty feeling in her heart.

Nite Sprite tried to cheer his friend up, but it didn’t work. “I’m sorry, Nite Sprite. I just don’t feel like being happy,” replied Moonglo sadly.

Nite Sprite wouldn’t give up though. He continued to chatter to Moonglo throughout the rest of the night, even though she wouldn’t reply to him. By the time the sun’s rays were just beginning to lick the morning sky, Nite Sprite was yawning. He turned to separate from Moonglo, but patted her arm before he left.

Moonglo yawned and headed for the Color Castle. She was tired, and simply wanted to sleep. She hadn’t felt this tired in a long time, but then again, she hadn’t slept much the previous night and she had exhausted herself decorating the sky. She walked slowly, blinking. Things started to sway before everything suddenly became black and Moonglo collapsed on the grass.

Time passed and the sun rose into the sky. Stormy headed off to the clouds to take care of a few spots on Earth that needed rain. She passed through the sprite village and to the outer edges of the forest, where she spied something on the ground. Instantly, she recognized Moonglo and ran to her side, afraid of what had happened.

Moonglo awoke some time later, slowly opening her eyes. She took in her surroundings, noticing that she was in her room. She couldn’t remember being in her room, only being outside just at sunrise. Slowly, she sat up, and saw concerned faces surrounding her. “What’s wrong? Why is everyone here?”

Rainbow spoke up. “You collapsed outside. Stormy found you and brought you to your room.”

“You simply exhausted yourself from working too hard and lack of sleep. You’ll have to take it easy and get plenty of rest,” stated Shy Violet.

Slowly, everyone filed out of the room after giving their condolences to Moonglo. Stormy, however, stayed behind, looking nervous and out of place. She sat on the edge of Moonglo’s bed, but still didn’t speak. Moonglo waited patiently, knowing that it was best to say nothing.

“The nightmares are something I don’t like. I don’t know why I keep having them or what they mean. I never wanted you to see me after one. I guess that’s why I got angry.” Stormy explained.

Moonglo offered her a smile. “Did you think I’d think it was silly?”

“Maybe, but you don’t. Thanks.” Stormy stood up, looking down at Moonglo. “You should sleep and rest. I need to go take care of some things on Earth.”

“Okay,” replied Moonglo.

Stormy leaned over and kissed Moonglo’s forehead gently before turning to walk away. Moonglo watched her go, happy to see that things were normal again. She turned on her side, and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep.

Here's the pic for you :)

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

I love the pictures of Stormy and Moonglow! Fanchan does such an amazing job with her drawings. I hope to see more.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Aquarious wrote:I love the pictures of Stormy and Moonglow! Fanchan does such an amazing job with her drawings. I hope to see more.
Thanks :) The idea is to have Fanchan illustrate one scene from each of the 5 stories so far so we'll see if that pans out. Mostly revolves around me getting the cash to do it, but it's so worth it. Thunder and Stars is a special project of mine and so I would love to put it in a binder with printed copies of the illustrations to read like a storybook

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Mild "Yuri"-fan fics are quite rare I believe ...
I am not into Yuri-stories but I want to let you know that I think you are a very talented writer !
:-)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:Mild "Yuri"-fan fics are quite rare I believe ...
I am not into Yuri-stories but I want to let you know that I think you are a very talented writer !
:-)
Aww thank you for your kind words. It wasn't so much that this had to be mild, but it had to be child-like love. To be honest, I've gone the full range of yuri style fics (with other fandoms) so taking on the challenge of pairing together two characters from Rainbow Brite and making it seem as though it was innocent has been fun to try. That's why you'll never see them making out or saying "I love you". For the former, they've never been exposed to that and the latter is something they feel but don't have the words for. But they'll curl up together or hold hands to be close. I think of the characters of children with a child's mind that has aged wisely, if that makes sense.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

I understand what you want to say and it also makes sense ...
writing fan-fiction is a very good way to be creative and I can totally feel
your creativity when I read one of your narrations. :-D

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:I understand what you want to say and it also makes sense ...
writing fan-fiction is a very good way to be creative and I can totally feel
your creativity when I read one of your narrations. :-D
Thanks :) Do let me know if you read anymore of my stories. I'd be interested to here what you have to say on those :)