Lost Storms: Stormy's Forgotten Past

Tom-sprite

Re: Lost Storms

Post by Tom-sprite »

Thats fine !

You know...having the might is cool but you have big responsibility in unison ! :-D

That s the burden you carry as a creative person/artist ! ;-)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:Thats fine !

You know...having the might is cool but you have big responsibility in unison ! :-D

That s the burden you carry as a creative person/artist ! ;-)
hehe. Well I can say that the chapter I do write the big bit in should come out well...angst writing is my specialty and chapters involving such usually get done much quicker
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

I guess it has to be the thrilling-factor.
You enjoy the stress while simultanousely writing your story.
The "angst"-theme stands in big discrepancy with the rainbow-universe ...
I think you enjoy illuminating the dark side of the medal ! :-D
Maybe your prefernece for describing the dark side issues a little bit from your impressions of the Japanimation-universe. ;-) ... only an assumption...

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:I guess it has to be the thrilling-factor.
You enjoy the stress while simultanousely writing your story.
The "angst"-theme stands in big discrepancy with the rainbow-universe ...
I think you enjoy illuminating the dark side of the medal ! :-D
Maybe your prefernece for describing the dark side issues a little bit from your impressions of the Japanimation-universe. ;-) ... only an assumption...
Actually, anime has nothing to do with the thrill I get :P It all started in 10th grade...my English teacher was an old lady who enjoyed overly sappy, super happy stuff. She hated anything sad or such. So I made it my goal that semester that any creative writing pieces I did would be dark or angsty. Nothing would be happy to suit her. It just so happened I was good at it. And she always was shocked at the stuff, but she couldn't dock my grade because it was well-written. From there I started doing suicide pieces at times, which was really fun to challenge!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Ahh.I see ...
So my assumption was not right ...
the truth about that is even better ...
Challenging an odd teacher was always fun...I totally agree ! :-)))))))))

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:Ahh.I see ...
So my assumption was not right ...
the truth about that is even better ...
Challenging an odd teacher was always fun...I totally agree ! :-)))))))))
Yes and at times it was a challenge to myself. We did a poetry unit and one piece could only use one letter of the alphabet throughout. I chose to do Q and make it all depressing and angsty. Quakes were involved.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

:-))))))))))))) ... that s really freakish but in a good way !

I loved to annoy my art-teacher in 10th grade!
She was excessively strict regarding the artistic technique and was getting on the class nerves with tons of art-history.
I always loved to use a technique when it came to pencil-drawing she called "housewives-wipe-technique"!
It would ve been more easy to just use the technique she prefered but I had a strong aversion against her because of her bourgeois humorless character ! :-))))))))))))))

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote::-))))))))))))) ... that s really freakish but in a good way !

I loved to annoy my art-teacher in 10th grade!
She was excessively strict regarding the artistic technique and was getting on the class nerves with tons of art-history.
I always loved to use a technique when it came to pencil-drawing she called "housewives-wipe-technique"!
It would ve been more easy to just use the technique she prefered but I had a strong aversion against her because of her bourgeois humorless character ! :-))))))))))))))
Lol I did love the challenge back then.

In other notes, Lost Storms is currently at 110 pages typed up.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

You brought this story to quite a big complexity !
Can t wait to read more ! :-D

Chibi Rachy

Re: Lost Storms/Chapter 22

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Was quite inspired today to finish this. It's the prelude to chapter 23, pretty much. Can you guess what I'm going to do? ;) Here's your hint: this is the chapter I've been alluding to wanting to write because much character torture is involved.

Chapter 22 Power Struggle

Sprites scattered as the Grunge Buggy sped down the main road toward the Color Castle, dropping whatever they had been working on. Many ran into their homes, locking them up tight. Murky wasn’t worried about the sprites running to Rainbow this time around. There was nothing the brat could do to stop him. He’d take care of her for good soon enough. His cackle drifted on the wind, a promise of what was yet to come.

Lurky spun the Grunge Buggy to a stop in front of the bridge to the Color Castle. “Here ya are, Murky,” he commented.

Rainbow and the Color Kids waited on the island just on the other side. None looked very happy to see Murky, but no one carried a weapon to defend themselves with. That wasn’t the way they worked. Rainbow stood in front of everyone, still acting as the protector she wasn’t anymore. Her waist looked surprisingly bare without her Color Belt. She glared at Murky defiantly, challenging him to try and get her.

Murky hopped down from his spot on the Grunge Buggy and strode forward, standing at the edge of the bridge. He pointed to Rainbow. “Still think you can do something to protect your precious friends? He laughed at his own statement before becoming serious. “I don’t think so, Rainbow Brite. Your time as protector is over!” Murky grabbed a handful of grey star sprinkles from inside his vest and pressed them to the Color Belt. “With these grey star sprinkles, you’ll find yourself more than just a little gloomy!” The Color Belt quickly absorbed the star sprinkles, glowing faintly in the process.

Murky’s finger pressed against the star, and a grayscale rainbow shot forward, winding widely around Rainbow and the Color Kids, teasing and taunting them. He dispelled the rainbow at will and then smirked. “Do you like my improved rainbow? I added my own little touch. I think it works surprisingly well.”

Rainbow bravely took a step forward, no sign of fear on her face. “You can’t win, Murky. I won’t let you take over Rainbow Land.”

“Go away, Murky,” added Patty O’Green bravely.

“Yeah, you leave us alone!” said Canary Yellow.

Murky began to cross the bridge, getting halfway before Rainbow began to walk forward to meet him. She met him in the middle and glared at him, hands balled into fists. They faced off, each saying nothing for what seemed like minutes, but was really only seconds. Murky’s finger slowly reached for the star on the Color Belt and pressed it. Like the perfect prey, she had fallen for his trap.

Rainbow’s eyes widened as she realized the distance between herself and the rainbow coming from the belt. She had no time to react or prepare herself for impact. Her arms flew up to cover and protect her face, but it was too late.

Stormy watched from her position in the sidecar as the grayscale rainbow shot forward and hit Rainbow square in the chest. It pushed her back and upward. The look of surprise on Rainbow’s face amused Murky as he forced the rainbow to push Rainbow over the bridge and into the water. His laughter echoed all around her. Stormy couldn’t help but instinctively wince as the splash echoed around them. Something stirred deep inside her as she waited for Rainbow to surface.

Long seconds passed. An eerie silence washed over the group. Finally, the top of a blonde head broke the water. Rainbow sputtered as she broke the surface, spitting out a mouthful of water. Her hair was plastered to the sides of her head, her usually high ponytail hanging limply from the back of her head. Her arms flailed for a few seconds before she gathered her bearings. She soon began floating steadily before swimming back to the Color Kids. She climbed out of the lake with Red Butler and Buddy Blue’s help. Rainbow turned and looked at Murky, not saying a word. Her body shook, cooler from the dip in the cold water. She didn’t let that bother her, instead diverting all of her focus onto Murky.

Murky, on the other hand, was doubled over with laughter. He smacked his knees, which encouraged Lurky to laugh. Stormy did not laugh, but she did smirk, arms crossed across her chest. “Not so mighty now, Rainbow Brite!” taunted Murky. He patted the Color Belt, hooking his left thumb behind the fabric.

“You won’t keep the Color Belt long, Murky Dismal,” she remarked.

“That’s what you think. Your precious Belt is mine now. You’ll never get it back!”

“Yeah!” added Lurky, who had hopped out of the Grunge Buggy. Stormy had joined him.

“Consider this a preview of what’s to come. I’ll be back tomorrow… and I’ll make Rainbow Land my own!” Murky turned and spoke to Lurky. “Let’s go. We’re finished here.”

Lurky nodded. “Sure, boss.” He hopped back into the Grunge Buggy and started the ignition.

Red Butler couldn’t stand it anymore. He wouldn’t allow Murky to get away with treating Rainbow as he just had. His hands balled into tight fists, and he was unable to calm his anger. He didn’t want to calm himself. Quickly, he put one foot forward and pushed off, leaping toward Murky. His feet pounded against the dirt, as he ran as fast as he could. His hands pushed Murky’s back, sending the villain off balance and flat onto his face. “Rainbow Land isn’t yours to take!” he stated. “The Color Belt doesn’t belong to Rainbow Brite, not you!” He reached to Murky’s waist, intent on removing the Color Belt. He smirked as his hands touched the back of the Color Belt.

The next thing Red Butler knew, he was flying backwards through the air. He couldn’t remember what had happened prior to that. He was almost certain he’d taken the belt from Murky. Murky wasn’t that strong. When he looked at his hands, however, he saw they were empty. Red Butler landed in the bushes in front of the Color Castle, sprawled out. He tried to pull himself away, but found that his cape had snagged on a branch and wouldn’t pull loose. Frustrated, he began trying to release himself from the bush.

The Color Kids were in awe at what had happened. Red Butler had easily been defeated by Murky with the push of a button. Red Butler may not know what happened to him, but the other Color Kids had seen it. Murky had merely activated the belt with push of the star and the graysale rainbow obeyed his inner will. Red Butler had been sent flying in return. Murky had then pulled himself to his feet, dusted himself off, and hopped on the back of the Grunge Buggy. “Move it, Lurky!” he had commanded as Lurky spun the wheel, sending the vehicle careening on two wheels as it turned around. Stormy held tight to the trashcan she rode in. The vehicle kicked up dust and Stormy closed her eyes and covered her mouth.

As they sped back toward the Pits, Stormy looked behind her. She could see the Color Kids gathered around Rainbow in the distance. The Kids soon become a blur of colors before they disappeared from her sight completely. She turned her head, facing toward the Pits. The stormy skies ahead welcomed her, soothed her. Without realizing it, she smiled. Stormy skies never failed to calm her.

In no time, the trio had arrived back at the lair, and Murky had ushered them both inside. He was happy, gleeful, and very eager for the next day. He walked back and forth in his laboratory, too antsy to sit down. He went from fingering the books on the shelves to fiddling with beakers on the table. As he walked, he kept muttering to himself.

“Why don’t you just destroy Rainbow today?” asked Stormy.

“Because, I…I…oh never mind! You wouldn’t understand my plans!” replied Murky, flustered. He had finally settled on grabbing a piece of paper and pen and was now scribbling furiously.

“Will we sleep in the Castle tomorrow, Murky?” asked Lurky.

“Of course! It will be mine by then!”

“Will I get my own horsey?” continued Lurky.

“Yes, yes. You can have Rainbow’s for all I care,” replied Murky.

Stormy wanted to ask What about me?, but held back. It didn’t seem necessary.

For the rest of the day, Stormy stayed away from Murky’s lair. It wasn’t that hard to do. Murky had banished her and Lurky from his laboratory while he worked on his master plan. A growling stomach had led her to seek out food, which Lurky had gladly given. He hadn’t given her the usual glass of juice, stating that Murky usually took care of that. Lurky had tried to get Murky to do so this time, but was dismissed angrily from the vicinity.

After a quick meal, Stormy had taken Skydancer and the two disappeared into the Pits. At first, the two raced through the landscape, down narrow pathways and up steep slopes. The freedom couldn’t compare. Skydancer enjoyed a good run and gave his all. For that moment in time, rider and horse were one, the freedom a sweet taste in their mouths. Each forgot about the master they obeyed.

Stormy’s happiness stirred her powers and she gleefully created a large storm with ease. Large grey clouds appeared over head and the thunder boomed. Lightning flashes appeared rapidly, some even striking and destroying the large boulders. Nothing could compare. The connection to the storm intensified, and Stormy threw her all into its creation. She tested herself, pushed herself. Wind whipped around her, and her hair began to come loose from the ponytail that held it high on her head.

This wind was a new development in her storm powers; she’d never before incorporated the wind into her storms. However, the wind fueled her storm, whipping through the canyon. Echoes from the stones and boulders were heard, and Stormy desired more. She whipped the wind harder, higher. Things became so loud she couldn’t hear herself think. The wind was roaring in her ears.

Soon, a long, slender funnel slowly swooped down from the clouds. It was in this moment that Stormy hesitated. She’d never seen such a weather phenomenon before. She watched, fascinated, as the funnel cloud began moving toward her and Skydancer. She had never seen the likes of it before.

Wind blew and picked up in speed. It was almost too late when Stormy realized she could not stop this storm; it would run its course. The swirling vortex whirled, stirring up dust and chunks of rock. One such piece whipped past Stormy, slicing the back of her right hand as it passed. The blood trickled from the shallow cut. Stormy felt no pain. The adrenaline had kicked in.

Quickly, she switched into survival mode. She leapt onto Skydancer’s back, digging her heels into his sides. “Let’s go, Skydancer!” she shouted, but the roar of the wind was much too loud to hear anything.

Skydancer sped along the paths, but the tornado kept gaining speed. Stormy looked behind her, afraid of what she saw; the tornado was right on their heels. “Come on, Skydancer!” she urged, fear creeping into her voice.

Sensing the fear of his rider, Skydancer did his best before swerving to the left and running at top speeds. Since the funnel was slender, it did not encompass much area; it was easier for Stormy to escape. Skydancer continued to run, and Stormy didn’t mind. They needed to be away from the immediate area.

Time passed; Stormy wasn’t sure of how long Skydancer ran before he stopped. When she turned to look behind her, the tornado was gone. Her eyes searched the distance, but the funnel cloud had disappeared. Now that the immediate danger was over, she could breathe a bit easier. Her heart was pounding in her chest and there was suddenly pain in her right hand. She glanced down, noting the dried blood of a recent wound. She remembered the stone that cut her hand. It didn’t seem possible that something so small could cut her skin, but it hand. The wind was a very powerful source it seemed.

She and Skydancer rode back to their original position, and noticed the path of destruction. They had been away from the laboratory at the time, and Stormy was glad that the tornado had not gone in that direction; she wouldn’t want to deal with Murky should anything be destroyed.

Suddenly weary, she decided to return Skydancer to his stable. She needed to rest, and she was sure that Skydancer was as spooked about the incident as she was. “Let’s go back,” she whispered to her horse.

Murky was waiting for her as she entered the lair. “I saw what you created,” he commented. “You will be the perfect weapon tomorrow, even better than what I had originally planned for you…wait until Rainbow sees what I will do to her!” he cackled.

“What do you want me to do?” asked Stormy.

“I want you to get rid of the Color Brats and the sprites for me. I’ll take care of Rainbow. You can use your tornado to get rid of them.”

Now, Murky had always told Stormy that she would defeat Rainbow. She’d spent years with him, training for that particular goal. Always working to get rid of Rainbow. Murky would take over after she did, but Rainbow was supposed to be hers. She said not a word, but simply nodded.

“Good. Now rest up. Tomorrow shall be a long day.”

Stormy climbed the stairs slowly. Her feet dragged and her head was filled with thoughts. Murky was making her take care of the others while he went after Rainbow. What would happen to her after he took over Rainbow Land? She pushed open her door, and shut it behind her. Would she be used only because of her storm power’s ability to destroy things? Would she be locked away any other time?

That wasn’t going to happen. She wouldn’t let it.

Stormy moved to the bed and fell back onto it. She wasn’t going to let Murky take her role. She was going to be the one to destroy Rainbow Brite once and for all. She wasn’t going to let Murky take the glory of doing that. She’d trained so hard just for this, and now Murky wanted to take it from her.

Of course, she would follow his plans. He wanted her to use the tornado, as he’d called it. She knew it would be easy to replicate the one from earlier. She’d just make sure to be away from its path this time around. Rainbow would fall by her hand and Murky would still have Rainbow Land for the taking. The goal was accomplished in the end, and that’s what mattered.

Stormy’s eyes closed, and she drifted off to sleep. She’d need to rest if she wanted to beat Murky to Rainbow Land. She’d take care of things before sunrise. Murky would be none the wiser.