Lost Storms: Stormy's Forgotten Past

ScootalooGal2009

Re: Lost Storms

Post by ScootalooGal2009 »

Yes, mind control. And I doubt you are who you say you are, since your username would state that you are a girl. It also uses similar formatting as your previous username, and you now state that you are "connected" to the previous username by supposedly knowing that person. Unless a new chapter has been posted to this story, I ask that you do not keep making comments on it.
If Scooty were real she would be my gf and I would be barnacle. For now I love Sierra, she is as close as you can get to a tomboyish but still girly sporty girl.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

ScootalooGal2009 wrote:
Yes, mind control. And I doubt you are who you say you are, since your username would state that you are a girl. It also uses similar formatting as your previous username, and you now state that you are "connected" to the previous username by supposedly knowing that person. Unless a new chapter has been posted to this story, I ask that you do not keep making comments on it.
If Scooty were real she would be my gf and I would be barnacle. For now I love Sierra, she is as close as you can get to a tomboyish but still girly sporty girl.
This has nothing to do with my story. Please stop posting, as this has absolutely nothing to do with the thread in the least.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

The story gets better and better ... I love reading it ... thanks 4 uploading Chibi ! ^^
I will print it out ... reading from the PC-monitor makes me feel tired ...
I will read the rest cozy on my sofa ! :-D

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:The story gets better and better ... I love reading it ... thanks 4 uploading Chibi ! ^^
I will print it out ... reading from the PC-monitor makes me feel tired ...
I will read the rest cozy on my sofa ! :-D
Thank you :) I am hoping to post chapter 18 soon, maybe next week, since I have it off from school for Thanksgiving. I'm working on the third page currently; my goal is to have every chapter at 5 pages or more.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Stormyfan

Post by Stormyfan »

I really like this story so far. When its done I might print it out to keep.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Stormyfan wrote:I really like this story so far. When its done I might print it out to keep.
Glad that you're enjoying it :) I'm not even sure how many pages it is all together. Should be around 100 so far.

Keep an eye out. I hope to have chapter 18 finished in the next few days, maybe even today if I feel inspired. I have 1 1/4 pages left to at least get my 5 page limit.

Chibi Rachy

Re: Lost Storms/Chapter 18

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Well, I finally finished the next chapter and am able to post it. At this point, I'm getting closer to the end, but I can't estimate how many chapters are left yet. Five, possibly more, but I don't know. All depends on what ideas come to me. Enjoy, and be sure to leave your comments and thoughts.

Chapter 18 Change of Plans

Stormy sat on the stone floor, legs crossed and her eyes focused on a spot on the wall behind her. Murky had banished her back to the Pits and she’d barely had time to place Skydancer in his stable room before Murky had stormed into his lair, ranting and raving. He’d quickly summoned Stormy to his laboratory, and here she’d sat for the rest of the afternoon while Murky went on a tirade to berate and belittle her.

“Why did you even try that?!” shouted Murky, slamming a book on his table.

Stormy didn’t answer him. She merely stared at the spot behind him. She wanted to speak up. Murky didn’t want to hear what she wanted. Stormy didn’t want to do what he wanted, yet, she felt compelled to. She couldn’t fight the urge and she couldn’t resist him.

“You weren’t supposed to let Rainbow know you existed! Now you’ve messed everything up!” He glared at her and then smirked. “Tell me why you approached Rainbow.”

Stormy tried to hold back, but found that she couldn’t. The words came tumbling from her lips before she could do anything to stop it. “I wanted to challenge Rainbow Brite to a race. I wanted to see who was stronger, and defeat her.”

“You’re not ready to do that yet. You’ve ruined my plan. Now Rainbow knows you exist and that you’re with me. She’ll never trust you. This completely changes the plan…” he mused, mumbling so softly to himself that Stormy couldn’t hear the rest of his thoughts. Murky paced the floor, rubbing his chin. He needed a new plan.

Stormy watched Murky with slight interest. It was interesting to see him pace back and forth, for a short while. She soon grew bored, and turned her attention to Lurky, who had two wooden figures with him. He was at the table nearest the window, playing with them. “Run horsey, run!” he said to himself, moving the corresponding figure as he spoke. “Oh you can beat him!” he called as he moved the second horse along. Stormy soon noticed that she wasn’t the only one watching Lurky.

“That’s it!” Murky snapped his fingers in triumph. He turned to face Stormy. “You’re going to race Rainbow Brite,” he stated, stepping closer to her.

Stormy looked up at him, confused. Wasn’t that what she had been trying to do in the first place? She said nothing.

“That annoying Sprite Fair is coming up, and there’s always a horse show for her horse. This year, you’ll race him. If Skydancer is as good as you think he is, then he’ll easily beat that brat and her horse.” Murky smirked at the thought. “While you’re racing against her, I can put my own plan into action.” He rubbed his hands together with glee. “Yes, it’s perfect. I’ll send the invitation to that brat myself.” He pointed to Stormy. “Your job is to train that horse of yours to win a race. That’s the only thing you’ll be doing!” Without another word, Murky banished Stormy from his lair, his command firmly imprinted in her mind.

Over the next few days, Stormy worked relentlessly with Skydancer, racing back and forth on the many paths that wound throughout the Pits. She could do nothing else, no matter how hard she tried to fight the invisible barrier that always seemed to hold her back. It was much stronger than before, and Stormy found that she could not contradict it. Instead, she thrust all her anger into her training. She pushed Skydancer forward, always urging him, pushing him to the next level. No matter what Murky wanted, she did not want to lose to Rainbow. She would never lose to Rainbow.

Murky hummed a gloomy tune, strapping his favorite gloom gun to his back. “Lurky! Fetch the grunge buggy!” he called.

“Where are we going, Murky?”

“To Rainbow Land. I have a message for Rainbow that I’m sure will make her gloomy!” cackled Murky.

Lurky returned shortly with the grunge buggy and Murky hopped into the side car. Lurky sped off toward Rainbow Land, leaving a cloud of exhaust trailing behind him. Nearby, Stormy watched the pair leave, coughing as the exhaust settled around her. She wanted to go to Rainbow Land. She wanted to force Rainbow to race her. She wanted to prove herself. Now Murky was doing that for her, and there was nothing she could do about it, no matter how much she wanted to. She turned away from the path and stared hard at the ground. Skydancer nuzzled the back of her head.

“Good day, sprites,” cackled Murky as the sprites scattered into their houses. “Great day for running!” He laughed some more and then focused on the task ahead of him.

Lurky slammed on the brakes as Rainbow riding atop Starlite and a few of the Color Kids ran into the path up ahead. She glared at the evil pair as Murky hopped from his place. Lurky soon followed, climbing slowly from the driver’s seat.

“What do you want, Murky Dismal?” asked Rainbow, none too happy. The Color Kids stood behind her, as though she was a shield. Twink stood in front of her, an angry look on his face.

“I have a challenge for you, Rainbow Brite,” spoke Murky. He let those words sink in. “I want your horse to race my horse at the Sprite Fair. That’ll be fun, won’t it?”

“Why?” asked Rainbow. “What do you want?”

“I want to see that my horse can win, of course. If I win though…” he trailed her, baiting Rainbow.

“What do you get if you win?” she asked.

“Your Color Belt. If I win, I get your Color Belt. And if you win, you can have my horse and its rider.”

Rainbow paused, surprised. She hadn’t expected Murky’s proposal. Her mind quickly flashed to the image of the girl he’d retrieved from Rainbow Land before. She must be the rider he spoke of. She…

“Don’t do it, Rainbow,” said Shy Violet, piercing her thoughts.

“Rainbow’ll never agree to that!” declared Red Butler as he took a step forward toward Murky.

“Yeah, Rainbow would never risk losing the Color Belt,” added Indigo. The other Kids all nodded in agreement.

“And I would never lose to some other horse,” interjected Starlite. “I’m too magnificent, and I’ve never lost a race to any horse.”

Rainbow patted his neck to calm Starlite. She thought hard about what to do. She didn’t want to lose the Color Belt, but she wanted to get that girl away from Murky. She wondered what Murky would do if she turned him down. She had noticed the gloom gun he carried on his back, and knew he had to have a backup plan in mind just for that purpose. What was the right thing to do? She didn’t answer the Color Kids as she thought and considered Murky’s proposition.

“Well, Rainbow? What will it be?” asked Murky.

“We’ll race,” replied Rainbow, completely unsure of herself.

“What?” asked Red Butler. “Rainbow, you can’t race against him!”

Before Rainbow could reply, Murky spoke up. “Good choice.” He cackled with glee, rubbing his hands together. Then, before anyone could react, he pulled his gloom gun from behind his back and sprayed Rainbow with it. He dashed off, Lurky moving more slowly behind him.

Rainbow swayed on Starlite, losing focus as the gloom began taking temporary control of her body. She fell forward onto Starlite’s neck, dazed and dismal. “I’m gonna lose to Murky,” she remarked to no one in particular. “He’ll win for sure.”

The Color Kids gathered around as Starlite lowered his body to the ground. They gathered Rainbow up and together they all helped take her to her bed to rest while the effects of the gloom gun wore off.

Days passed and soon, the Sprite Fair had taken over Rainbow Land. It was one of the biggest spring time events, and everyone had a hand in preparing for the big event. Starlite had disappeared, taking the time to train. He wouldn’t let anyone watch him, nor would he talk about it.

Rainbow made her way through the crowded thoroughfare, Twink at her side. Twink was hyper active, panicking over things not being completed when the fair opened that morning. “Let’s go, let’s go

!” he called, clapping his hands together. “Get that tent up quickly! We have to make sure everyone has plenty to eat!” He would often dash ahead of Rainbow, checking out the stalls and rides, making sure everything was just so. It was one of his many special quirks. Rainbow could only smile at his antics.

As she walked, she overheard the sprites’ conversations. Many were discussing the fair, and the various activities, stalls, and rides that one could visit. What was on the minds of many though was the upcoming horse race. There had never been a horse race at the sprite fair before. Usually there was an event where Starlite was the star of the show, able to show off any and all of his tricks. It played right into his egotistical side, but no one seemed to mind. Starlite would often give rides to the young sprites at the end of his show, leaving many happy memories imprinted on the minds of the older sprites. The change in the schedule had quickly spread about Rainbow Land. There wasn’t a sprite who didn’t know of the race and its implications.

Of course, the sprites made sure to build a grand racetrack for the event. A large field nearby had been quickly turned into a long oval track. In the center of the oval was a large patch of lush green grass and a tower for the announcer of the race. Off to one side was an area boxed off on three sides for the horses that would partake in the race. It was meant to be a resting area prior to the race starting, and would be where the horses ran from when called to the starting line. Large wooden stands had been built around the track; the constructing sprites expected a large crowd to turn out. Flags of rainbow colors had been looped on the front and sides, giving the cheering sections a bright, vivid, and cheerful appearance. Flags were placed around the outer edges of the racetrack, beckoning to all who saw them.

Rainbow smiled and waved to those who passed and spoke with her. She couldn’t let anyone know that she was really scared and nervous about the upcoming race. She was still unsure of her decision to race in the first place. Things would either turn out well, or go terribly wrong. She looked toward the racetrack. Her gut, however, had a bad feeling about what was to happen.

Murky hummed to himself, looking in a piece of cracked glass, using it as a mirror. He finished tying the bandana around his neck and then settled the ten gallon hat atop his head. His boots echoed as he stepped through his lair, the spurs clanking.

“Gee Murky, why are ya dressed like that?” asked Lurky, scratching his head.

Murky turned to look at his assistant. “It’s none of your concern. Now go get the grunge buggy, meathead. I’ll go get the girl.”

“The girl” was sitting in her room, crossed legged on her bed. She focused on the wall, picturing how she wanted the race to turn out. She would win the race easily. Skydancer had been trained hard since Murky had challenged Rainbow, and Stormy knew he would win. There was no question about it. She would win, and then she could defeat Rainbow.

The door to her room slammed open. “There you are,” called Murky. “Let’s go. It’s almost time for the race.”

Stormy slid from her bed and moved to follow Murky. She finally had the chance to do as she wanted…

“And before you even think of disobeying me, I’ll take care of you,” he stated, quickly drawing a gloom gun from the holster on his side, taking aim, and pulling the trigger. A cloud settled over Stormy, and quickly began to take effect. It was the same juice that Murky had always given her, but he’d turned it into a cloud form that was compatible with his many varieties of gloom guns. “Now, go get your horse and meet me outside.” He watched as Stormy complied with his request without question.

Murky headed for the front of his lair, knowing Lurky would be waiting with the grunge buggy. Sure enough, Lurky was there, as was Stormy with her horse. Lurky was petting Skydancer, a huge grin plastered on his face. Stormy relaxed against the walls of the lair, arms crossed. Her eyes stared out into the distance, focused on nothing in particular.

“Are we gonna win today, Murky?” asked Lurky.

“Of course we are bird brain! We can’t lose to any horse. Isn’t that right, Stormy?” he asked, smirking.

“Yes,” she answered tersely.

“Good. Now mount up and let’s go. You’ll ride beside the grunge buggy so I can keep an eye on you,” he instructed. He smacked his forehead when he noticed Lurky trying to mount Skydancer. “Lurky! Not you! Get into the grunge buggy this instant!” he yelled.

Finally, the trio set off for Rainbow Land. Murky couldn’t help but grin at the prospect of the race. By the end of the day, he would have the Color Belt, and Rainbow Land would be his. Then he could begin his true master plan. It had taken longer than he had wanted, but it would be worth it in the end. As he crossed into Rainbow Land, he didn’t shy away from the bright and brilliant colors, but embraced them, for they would not last for much longer.

Sprites and Color Kids filtered into the racetrack, filling the stands to brimming. One could look around them and see the rainbow of colors present. The Color Kids sat spread out. Buddy Blue, Patty O’Green, and Canary Yellow sat together. In another part of the stands Red Butler and Lala Orange sat with groups of red and orange sprites. Indigo sat with Hammy, and Shy Violet sat with IQ, quietly contemplating the science behind the race and the probability that Starlite could win. Sprites happily chattered to their companions, eager for the fun to start and to see who would come out on top.

Twink climbed into the tower, waiting for the sun to reach its zenith before beginning the race. He bounced from foot to foot, his nerves getting the best of him. He didn’t want Rainbow to lose her Color Belt. He didn’t want to see Rainbow Land plunged into darkness like before. He shuddered at the memories. “I hope you know what you’re doing, Rainbow,” he said to himself.

Chibi Rachy

Re: Lost Storms/Chapter 19

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Well, surprisingly, here's another chapter. I sat down tonight and wrote up most of this. It was a scene I was really eager to write and I think that helped. Plus, this break really helps me to do more writing. I won't be posting a new chapter to ff.net for awhile, since it helps for me to build up some more backlog for that site. However, you guys are special and get to see it now. And if you think this will be the worst it gets, you've no idea what I've got in mind for a later chapter :) I don't know if I'll get another chapter done before break is over, but I'm happy that I could finish two chapters up. Enjoy!

Chapter 19 Risky Race

Starlite pawed at the ground, the action merely reflex to ease his nerves. Rainbow rubbed behind his ears, trying to soothe him. “Don’t be nervous, Starlite. You’ll win the race. I know you will.”

Starlite snorted. “I’m not nervous!” he protested. “I’m merely testing the ground’s firmness, that’s all. I could never be nervous about a race; I am the most magnificent horse in the universe, and I always win the race.”

“Of course, Starlite. I know you will,” replied Rainbow. She didn’t speak of her nerves; no one expected her to be nervous about the race. She turned her head, hearing the sound of a sputtering exhaust pipe in the distance. “There’s Murky.”

Starlite perked up, making himself look as regal as possible. He would show nothing less to this newcomer.

Lurky halted the grunge buggy a few feet from Rainbow and Starlite. “Oh boy, another horsey!” he exclaimed happily. In his eagerness to exit the grunge buggy, he tripped over his shoelace and fell face first on the ground.

Murky ignored him for once, keeping his attention on Rainbow. “Ready to lose?” he crowed keenly.

“I’ll never lose to you, Murky,” replied Rainbow. She looked up as the unknown girl appeared on her midnight purple horse. The girl seemed to show no emotion. She merely stared forward, watching some spot beyond Rainbow.

“Sprites and…sprites! Welcome to the first horse race of Rainbow Land….”

Rainbow turned to listen as Twink’s announcement continued. She readied Starlite. It was time. She rested her fingers on her Color Belt as she waited for her name.

“Rainbow and Starlite!”

The duo rushed from behind the partition. Starlite put forth his best effort while Rainbow waved to the crowd, a big smile plastered on her face. The crowd cheered loudly, jumping in their seats.

Murky quickly looked at Stormy. “Do whatever it takes to win the race. I don’t care, as long as you win.”

Stormy nodded. “I will.”

“And now….uhh…uhm… Murky’s rider!” shouted Twink.

“That’s you. Now get out there!”

Stormy tapped Skydancer’s side, pushing him into a run. She ran him onto the track, knowing she would stop him where Rainbow stood. She did not get the same welcome that Rainbow did. She heard the jeers from some sprites, but the stands were mostly silent.

“The rules for the race are as follows: do your best to win! You need to make four laps around the track to win the race!” He looked to the racers, making sure they understood his words. Then he picked up his checkered flag. “On your mark… get set… go!” He waved the flag back and forth as both horses kicked up dust.

Starlite and Skydancer each shot from the starting line, heading forward. Rainbow and Stormy held tight; Stormy was used to Skydancer’s all out run and so held on with ease. Rainbow wasn’t used to Starlite running full speed and so held on tight with both hands. She wanted to close her eyes, but didn’t.

Not being able to help himself, Starlite kept glancing over at the other horse, watching him. Starlite had never really seen the horse before, and certainly not in action. His speed was fascinating, a horse born to run.

“Starlite?”

Rainbow’s voice brought him back to reality. He focused his eyes on the track ahead and pushed harder, his hooves pounding the dirt. He would not lose to some new horse. I’m the most magnificent after all! He thought to himself.

Stormy found that as she raced, her thoughts started to wander. She didn’t know that it was because of Murky’s open-ended command to control the mixture in her body. She wanted to win and knew she would. Skydancer was running easily, and Stormy knew that she could push him even further when needed. At this point, he was running neck and neck with Starlite. She decided that she’d let things continue on this path for the remainder of the lap. Why create worry when she had 3 more laps after this one?

Murky stood near the finish line, using a pair of binoculars to keep an eye on Stormy. “Come on, come on, come on,” he muttered under his breath. He wanted Skydancer to win the race hands down, but that stupid horse was only keeping pace with Starlite. “That brat had better not let me down… this race could give me exactly what I need!”

Lurky stood next to Murky with a handheld telescope that Murky had given him. It was slightly bent, and Lurky was holding it backwards, but that didn’t matter to Lurky. “Murky, why do the horseys look so far away?” He fiddled with the telescope, flipping it over and over in his hand. “Oh now they’re closer! Are we winning yet?” he asked.

“Can it, microbe brain! I’m trying to watch the race!” was the short reply.

The sprites in the stands were going crazy with excitement. There wasn’t a clear winner yet and they were cheering for Rainbow and Starlite, urging them forward.

“Go Rainbow!” yelled Patty O’Green.

“You can do it, Starlite!” shouted Buddy Blue.

Starlite and Skydancer headed into the second lap, and now Stormy urged Skydancer into a slight lead. She smiled to herself, feeling at ease. This race would be too easy to win. She looked behind her, and noticed Murky flailing in the distance. She would win. She could do whatever she wanted to win.

“That horse has a lead on me!” exclaimed Starlite, shocked.

“It’s only a little one. Don’t give up, Starlite. You can do it,” encouraged Rainbow.

“Of course I can do it,” replied Starlite. “I just wasn’t expecting a horse that fast, that’s all.” He pushed himself harder, drawing up beside Skydancer once more.

Skydancer snorted as he ran. He didn’t like the cocky white horse that ran near him. He would put the horse in his place.

“I know, Skydancer. You’ll have no problem winning. This is easy right now. You’ll go your fastest in a bit. We’re gonna surprise them. They won’t know what hit them.”

The race continued, both horses finishing the second lap with ease. The crowd still cheered wildly, the racers tied neck and neck. Skydancer was still running easy, following Stormy’s directions. He trusted the girl riding him and knew she had her reasons.

Shy Violet studied the race in front of her as did her helper sprite, IQ. “What do you think?” she asked him.

IQ chattered back to her. He emphasized his points with his hands before looking back at his Color Kid.

“I think you’re right,” she said, agreeing with a frown. It wasn’t what she wanted to agree to, but the scientist in her wasn’t denying the evidence placed in front of her.

Murky continued to study Stormy, getting angrier by the moment. “The race is half over, and she’s still tied with that stupid horse! She should be winning! She should be finishing the race!” He hopped from foot to foot.

Twink looked nervously at Murky, hearing his every word. “Poor Rainbow… I hope she beats that other girl…” He brightened. “Of course she can. Rainbow would never let us down.” He comforted himself with the thought, continuing to watch the race.

Stormy looked to the left, once more looking at Rainbow. The girl was speaking to Starlite, probably encouraging him to win the race. She smirked. Rainbow had no idea that she was moving slowly and holding back. She had no idea that on command Stormy could make Skydancer run twice as fast. Of course, that wouldn’t be very fun. And Murky had said she could do whatever she wanted, as long as she won. Her fingers tapped against her dress in anticipation. She began to search out the clouds and bring them to her. It was time to win, once and for all.

Gasps of surprise filled the air as sprites and Color Kids looked to the sky in shock. What had once been a bright, sunny day was suddenly turning into a grey, stormy one. The sun disappeared behind large storm clouds as the sky became dark and gloomy.

“What’s going on?” asked Lala Orange.

“I don’t know. It was sunny just a moment ago,” remarked Red Butler.

The change in weather didn’t go unnoticed on the track either. “What’s going on?” asked Starlite.

Rainbow looked around her and then to the other rider, who looked as though nothing was wrong. “I don’t know, Starlite. Maybe it’s time for a storm?”

“I think that’s too quick for a storm. Murky must be up to no good!”

Murky had finally calmed himself on the track, watching the quick weather change. He knew Stormy was finally beginning to do what she should have done when the race started. “Good…she’s finally showing that she’s worth something.”

Lurky scratched his head. “Was it supposed to rain today, Murky?”

“Just watch,” instructed Murky.

More and more clouds drew together and Stormy felt right at home. Before she began her part, she let Skydancer take care of his. She urged him on, and suddenly Skydancer was a quarter of a lap ahead of Starlite, still not going his fastest.

“What in the world?...” exclaimed Starlite in amazement.

“Something’s wrong,” stated Rainbow, one hand suddenly resting on her Color Belt.

Stormy turned and looked at Rainbow, the same grin on her face. She raised a hand to the sky, commanding the lightning to begin striking. She kept the strikes to a wide area. She wanted to work on the shock factor more than anything.

Sprites in the stands covered their heads, many fearful of the storm that had started. Some sprites quickly left the stands, ready to head back to their homes. Many still stuck around, watching the race with anticipation.

Rainbow pressed the star on her Color Belt. Suddenly, a bright rainbow lit up the darkness, and the ribbon of light wove its way toward Stormy and Skydancer. “I’ll take care of this.”

Stormy looked behind her, and began directing the lightning to strike at the rainbow. Bolts began slicing holes in the rainbow. “That won’t stop me!” she called, racing onward.

Rainbow tapped her foot against Starlite, but he didn’t need any encouragement. He sped up, eager to catch up to the other horse. He wouldn’t let them win any longer.

Giggling, Stormy continued with her storm. The storm grew more powerful with each passing moment. The power was at her finger tips to be used as she desired. She crossed the starting line, beginning her last lap. This would determine the outcome of the race, and she would not be outdone, or beaten by a silly rainbow. “Let’s finish this, Skydancer!”

Starlite crossed the starting line as well, beginning his fourth lap. He pushed himself as hard as he could, determined not to be outdone. He would not lose to a new horse. He was the most magnificent horse in the universe.

Thunder rumbled and a new round of lightning bolts began. However, this time it was different. Instead of shooting wide arcs, Stormy took aim, slowly getting closer and closer to Rainbow and Starlite. Finally, she called forth the one lightning bolt she’d planned for from the beginning. This time, it went straight for Starlite and Rainbow.

Rainbow pushed the star on her belt, with no reaction. It was all Starlite could do to jerk out of the path of the lightning bolt. It struck the dirt mere inches from his feet. Rainbow was thrown from his back and landed on the hard ground. She didn’t move.

“Rainbow!” shouted Starlite.

Instantly, the Color Kids and sprites were on their feet. Twink abandoned his box and ran to his fallen friend. The Color Kids couldn’t get onto the track as easily. Sprites in the stands prevented that.

Murky rushed from his spot, taking his cue. He ran to Rainbow as Stormy finished out the race, crossing the finish line as the winner. She too drove Skydancer to where Rainbow had fallen. Murky was already unbuckling the belt from her waist. “The Color Belt is mine!” he cackled. “All mine! Now Rainbow Land will be under my rule!”

“Stop, Murky Dismal!” called Red Butler, leading the group of Color Kids.

“Oh? I suppose you’re going to do something about it?” Murky stood, Color Belt in hand. “We had an agreement. If Stormy won, I got the Color Belt. She won. The Color Belt is mine. But just in case…Lurky!”

His assistant held up the gloom gun. “How does it work, Murky?” Lurky looked down the barrel of the gun. Murky snatched it from him before Lurky shot himself. He pulled the trigger, covering the area in front of him with gloom cloud.

“Let’s go!” yelled Murky. “Lurky, to the grunge buggy! Stormy, back the the Pits. Wait for me in my laboratory after you put Skydancer away.” He watched as Stormy took off.

Murky took one last look at the stumbling Color Kids and the unconscious Rainbow before running to the grunge buggy. As Lurky sped away, Murky looked at the treasure in his hand. He finally had the Color Belt. Now, it was time to proceed with the rest of his plan.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Wooow ! :-D

I am always fascinated while reading these chapters !!!
Your writing-skills rock !!! ;-)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:Wooow ! :-D

I am always fascinated while reading these chapters !!!
Your writing-skills rock !!! ;-)
Thanks :) Have you caught up on all the chapters yet, or are you still working?