Starbrite

Treasure_House

Starbrite

Post by Treasure_House »

Ever wonder what hides and plays in the clouds surrounding the mountain tops just beyond Rainbow Land and the Pits? In a far off place where even Stormy had never been? Sorring and tumbling through wind and fog. Laughing and playing. With no one to ever bother them and no one even knowing they are there. Some call them myth. Others calling them legend. Few think of them as a mere stories for young minds at bedtime. Their calls so distant that not even a dog can hear them. With wing spands spreading out as far as ten feet or more, each flap sounding like a powerful thunder storm. Silky bodies shimmer under the new day sun and hair made of silver. As if a perfect blend to the surrounding clouds. While back on land no one even thinks to look up. Pinning away with day to day chores. Sprites in the minds, kids in the field. Horses and other animals alike doing what they always do. Murky up to his old tricks, and Lurky not to far behind. Life seeming as normal as one would guess. That is... Till the day she arrived in Rainbow Land....

"Get a move on Lame Brain, we have to get to Rainbow Land before that brat and her friends find out what we're up to.", Murky said in huff. He drummed his foot impatiently as Lurky ran to get the grunge buggy. "Hurry Hurry", Murky called after him.

It a day like no other in Rainbow Land and the Pits. Murky was yet again up to his old tricks. This time he had a plan to turn all the sprite to stone. His freeze ray gun was finally working, or so he had hoped. Racing back with the grundge buggy, Lurky stopped at a skid and waited for Murky to climb in. "To the mines! Hurry!", Murky ordered once he was in place. Lurky chuckled and laughed as he drove to the mines were many sprites of various color scattered. Unaware that Starlite was in the mines, Murky jumped from the buggy, gun in hand, and raced inside. "Come back here and stand still", Murky ordered the sprites, who were panicing and racing around.

Suddenly Lurky sang out, "Look Murky! A horsey! Can I ride the horsey?"

Murky, who was busy chasing after the sprites stopped and turned, "Hor... Hor... Horsey?!? What hor..." Stoned with fear, Murky dropped the gun and started to dance around, "Run you hair ball! RUN!!"

Outside, Red Butler and Shy Violet were just making their way back to the mines when a sudden gust a smoke shot out from the enterance. The blast was so strong that the two kids toppled over backwards just in time to see Murky and Lurky running out soon followed by Starlite. "What in Rainbow Land is going on?!", Red Butler asked as Romeo dashed over.

Shy Violet straighted her glasses, "It looks like Murky again. Come on, we have to go find Rainbow!"

Together, the two kids raced down the side of the mines. Zipping past Twink and Patty O' Green. "What in the...", Twink turned.

Patty O' Green looked up, "I don't think we have to worry about getting Rainbow. Look!", she pointed.

Twink laughed as they watched Starlite chase Murky and Lurky. "Go Starlite! Go!" He laughed so hard he had tears coming out of eyes. Suddenly he looked up, "What's that?!" he pointed. Patty O' Green gasped as Twink added, "It looks like a horse!"

"And it's falling! Quick!", Patty O' Green said as they bolted after their friends.

TO BE CONTINUED
When In Doubt - Check It Out

http://www.wix.com/treasure_house/index

Treasure_House

Starbrite

Post by Treasure_House »

As if things couldn't get worse, Murky stumbled over his untied shoes and toppled into a bush, only to land in the river. Water sprayed everywhere and soaked Indigo who was painting. Dripping paint ran down the picture leaving behind a gewy mess. Hammy and Champ moaned. They had wanted to see the picture when Indigo was through. Only now, Indigo was stomping mad because she wet. IQ and Lucky laughed and rolled in the soft grass as Puppy Brite watched from a safe distance. "It's not funny you two!" Indigo hollard. She darted to the river, "Oooo... Buddy Blue! This time you'd gone too far!!", she stomped a foot. Buddy Blue had been teasing her all morning and now she had enough. She watched the river closely when suddenly a gush of water sprang upward. Struck with fear, Indigo fell over backwards, "M.mm..mm..m.. Murky!!", she screamed as she gathered herself up and ran. The sprites right behind her.

She was running so fast she collided into Red Butler as the two fell into a bush. Shy Violet turned, "This is no time to be messing around. Murky's in Rainbow Land again and we need to find Rainbow Brite." she told them.

Red Butler stared at her, "Tell us something we don't know!", he snapped as the sprites ran by them.

It was then that Buddy Blue walked around a corner. He stared at his friends. "Somehow, I don't want to know."

Suddenly the kids turned in time to see Murky hobbling out from a bush. "Lurky you numskull!!", he shouted. He then turned and looked at the kids. Screaming, the kids ran one way while Murky ran the other.

Buddy Blue turned to his friends, "What is he doing here!?!" he asked as he ran along side Red Butler.

"Who knows!", Red Butler replied.

Shy Violet hollard from behind, "Red look out your gonna....." With a thud, Red Butler and Patty O' Green collided and hit the ground hard. "Never mind", Shy Violet said shaking her head.

"Oh my!", Indigo gasped as she help Patty O' Green to her feet.

"Red, you really need to start looking where you're going", Buddy Blue said taking hold to Red Butler's hand.

"Very funny!", Red Butler snapped.

It was then that Murky ran right by them. The kids turned and stared. None having anything to say. When suddenly Starlite leaped over them and charged after him. "You kids better get out of here!", Starlite called to them.

Red Butler brushed off an arm and turned, "Ummm... Where's Lurky?"

Whistling and humming a tune, Rainbow Brite was busy in the color castle cleaning out a closet when Moonglo and Canary Yellow came running in, "We just saw Lurky. He was running towards the pits then he started towards the Red Region." Canary Yellow said.

"And now he's running through the fields." Moonglo added.

Rainbow turned, "Lurky?" she asked. "If he's here, in Rainbow Land.... You can bet Murky isn't too far behind." It was then that OJ and Spark ran into the room jumping up and down in a panic. "What's the matter?", Rainbow turned to them. "A falling horse?", Rainbow asked as she listened to them, "Stormy?" the kids looked at each other as Rainbow turned, "Come on. Lurky can wait. Stormy needs our help!"

Together, Rainbow and her friends raced outside and towards the fields of Orange Meadow. Gasping, Rainbow and her friends watched as a huge twister spun in front of them. The powerful hinds and gusts reached as far as the eye could allow to see. Rainbow shielded her face as she watched. "What's that?!", Moonglo pointed. Rainbow watched as a horse was slowly lowered by the twister. With a final gust of wind the twister finally disappeared as Rainbow and her friends shielded their faces from the wind. Turning the friends stared at the horse before them, laying half dead on the ground. Rainbow gasped. "Is it.... Starlite?", Moonglo asked as she stared at the white coat.

Slowly they walked over. Rainbow stared at the fallen horse for a long time. Carefully she placed a hand on the horse's face then looked at the body, "No" she answered. "It's a ... a..."

"Pegusas", said a voice. Everyone turned and saw Stormy walking over. "I went to check on Sky Dancer and found him and this pegusas fighting in the clouds."

Rainbow looked at her, "Fighting? But why? Where did it come from? What happened to it?"

"I didn't even know pegusas were real?", Canary Yellow said to Moonglo, who shrugged.

"Her", Stormy corrected. Rainbow stared. "That thing is a girl. And she was invading Sky Dancers territory. That's why Sky Dancer attacked her. She was struck by lightening. Which is why she fell. If I hadn't come along when I did...."

Rainbow walked to her. She placed a hand on Stormy's shoulder, "It's good that you did." She turned to the pegusas, "Now all we need to do is figure out why she is here, find a way to help her, and get Lurky back to the pits. But we have to find him first."

Stormy folded her arms. "Do what you want with the pegusas. The way I see it, she should have never invaded Sky Dancers' space in the first place."

"Stormy!", Rainbow turned as Stormy marched off.

"Ummm... Rainbow...", Moonglo said tapping Rainbow. Rainbow looked at her then back at the pegusas, who was trying to stand. Gasping, Rainbow and her friends ran to her and began to help.

Finally hiding out of sight, Murky peaked out from behind a large bolder. "Oh good. I lost him. Now all I need to do is find Lurky and get back to the mines." he took a few steps backwards bumping into something hard. Turning he raised a fist and hollard, "Lurky you lame brain... numskul... air... huh...." Looking up, he noticed Starlite standing over him.

"You have to get up pretty earily in the morning to fool the magnificent horse in the universe.", Starlite told him. Murky turned on toe and started to run just as Starlite took hold to Murky and lifted him up off the ground, "Not this time, Murky Dismal" he added.

"No... Stop! ... Put me down...", Murky hollard as he kicked his feet.

Turning, Starlite started for the color castle when he noticed La La Orange who was taking an afternoon stroll. She stopped mid-way and dropped her basket, turning she ran screaming. Starlite just shook his head then pressed onward with Murky still kicking his feet.

TO BE CONTINUED

Treasure_House

Starbrite

Post by Treasure_House »

As Starlite walked back to the color castle, Murky struggled and struggled. "Lurky, you air head!!", he screamed. He waved his arms around like a mad man. Try as he might, he couldn't break free of Starlite's grip. When out of nowhere, Lurky sprang out from behind a tree.

Starlite skidded to a stop and took a step backwards. "I can't fight both of them." he thought. "At least.... Not without Rainbow." he scanned the area then starred at Lurky.

Lurky chuckled as he called out, "Here I am Murky!!"

"Do something, you nitwit!", Murky hollard at him as he continued to struggle.

"Oh boy ... Oh boy ... I get to ride the horsey!", Lurky danced around then bounded towards Starlite.

Again, Starlite took a step backwards. "Not good", he thought to himself. Turning, he bolted. Still holding on tight to Murky and now with Lurky right behind.

"Lll...urr...rrrkk...kkkyyyyy!!!", Murky yelled. "Do something!! Hurry!!"

Back at the color castle the kids finally arrived in a panic. Indigo and Buddy Blue ran upstairs, Red Butler and Patty O' Green raced down in the basement, Shy Violet and the sprites checked in the color dome room, and Twink checked Rainbow's room. Yet none of them could find her. Meeting back outside, everyone looked at each other when they noticed La La Orange running over. She fell into Red Butler's arms crying. "Murky... He's .... He's..."

"Yeah. We know.", Patty O' Green told her.

"Murky's what?", asked a voice.

Everyone turned and noticed Tickled Pink and Delight Sprite. Both looking very confused. "He's in Rainbow Land.", said Shy Violet. "We have to find Rainbow and warn her."

Tickled Pink looked at Delight, who looked back. Then Tickled Pink added, "I saw her a little while ago. She was leaving with Moonglo and Canary Yellow. I don't know where. But they should be back anytime."

Twink piped in, "We don't have time to wait around. Starlite needs help. And fast. He can't fight Murky and Lurky all by himself."

"Starlite?", Tickled Pink asked.

La La Orange turned, "I saw him with Murky. We have to do something."

Red Butler and Buddy Blue looked at each other. Turnning Red Butler turned added, "You girls stay here. Buddy, Twink, and I will go find Rainbow."

The kids all looked at each other then together they all nodded. "Just becareful.", Patty O' Green told the boys and Twink.

"Don't worry. I'll watch over them.", Twink replied. He then raced after the boys, waving an arm to the others.

"Oh I do hope they find her.", La La Orange said worriedly as Patty O' Green placed a hand around her.

Charging into the forrest, Starlite couldn't believe that Lurky was still right behind him. Skidding to a stop at a fork in the road, Starlite looked around. He then turned and noticed Lurky not too far behind. By now he had gotten the grundge buggy and was hot on Starlite's tail. Rearing up, Starlite turned and ran. "Give it up, you horse. Lurky will never stop! And once you are all tired out, we'll capture you. And that Rainbow Brat won't even know what hit her!!", Murky laughed. Starlite just snorted, he wasn't about to give up.

"Oh good. You're alright.", Rainbow said relieved as the pegusas shook her silky mane.

"Rainbow, what do we do know?", Canary Yellow asked.

Rainbow looked at her friend, "You go back to the color castle. Find Twink and Starlite and let them know what is going on. We have to find Lurky before he causes too much trouble."

Moonglo turned, "And I'll find the kids. We can get this poor thing some food and water, then a warm place to rest."

Rainbow nodded. "Sounds great. Lets get going."

"But what about you, Rainbow? What are you going to do?", Canary Yellow asked.

Rainbow smiled and then winked, "What else. Find Murky Dismal. After all, where there's Lurky ... There's bound to be..."

"Murky", Moonglo and Canary Yellow added together.

Rainbow smiled, "Right!"

TO BE CONTINUED

Treasure_House

Starbrite

Post by Treasure_House »

Canary Yellow turned on toe and ran as fast as she could towards the color castle. "I have to find the others!", she said to herself. "We have to find Lurky and stop whatever it is he's up to. Or all of Rainbow Land will be in trouble. I have to hurry!!" She raced by trees and boulders, passed the Red River, and ducked under fallen tree limbs. She stopped next to a bush for a breif rest, then jogged by sprite homes. By the time she reached the color castle, she wiped out and fell to her knees just inches from the door. Huffing and puffing, she finally stood up and ran inside where the kids all turned. "We have to find..." Canary Yellow gasped as she fell to the floor.

"Canary!!", the kids paniced.

They ran to her in rush and helped her up. "Here! Drink some water.", said Patty O' Green.

"I'll get her chair!", said Indigo running out of the room.

Shy Violet turned to the door, "This is bad. I hope Twink and the boys will be okay."

Slowly and steadily, Moonglo guided the pegusas toward the color castle. "You're wasting your time." said a voice from behind.

Moonglo turned her head and noticed Stormy leaning against a tree, arms folded, head down, and eyes closed. Moonglo just starred at her. "She needs help. If you needed help, we'd help you with no questions asked."

Stormy slowly looked at her, "That is completely different. You and I are friends. That ...."

Moonglo glared, "She is no more different than you or I. Rainbow is right. She needs help. She's weak from the lightening attacks." Turning she pressed onward with the pegusas by her side. "It's okay girl. Stormy means well. But sometimes it's hard to tell what's on her mind." she whispered to the pegusas. She glanced back at Stormy and noticed her gone. Sighing, Moonglo looked up. Night fall hadn't come yet, so her powers of the night hadn't come yet. And with Night Sprite sick in bed, Moonglo worried even more.

"My little brother is the same way. Bitter on the outside. Yet soft on the inside. We tell him it's okay, but it takes time for his eyes to see." said a voice.

Moonglo froze. Who said that?! She looked around but didn't see anyone. "Hello?", she asked. "Anyone there?" But no one showed. She scanned the area carefully. Had her mind played tricks?

"In my home land, we give time and space to those closest to us. Fighting amounst each other is forbidden.", said the voice. Moonglo turned. Was it the pegusas? Was she talking to her? Moonglo took a step back. No of course not. Only Starlite could talk. Sighing, she glanced at the sky. Perhaps it was the sun. Making her think things that weren't real. "Your friend, Stormy, is a puzzling child in deed. But I am more concerned about that beast in the clouds. I have to get home and warn the elders." continued the voice. Moonglo's eyes swayed to the pegusas as she placed a hand over her mouth. Her heart pounding. It couldn't be! The pegusas can talk? Taking a step back again, Moonglo stared into the pegusas's eyes. The pegusas slowly blinked her eyes at Moonglo and spoke, "My name is Starbrite."

"You CAN talk!", Moonglo gasped.

Suddenly the two turned at the sound of screaming and thundering roar. In the distance they watched as Starlite bareled down a path, Murky in his grip, and Lurky right behind in the grundge buggy. "Well now... That's something new.", Starbrite commented.

"Oh no! Starlite! I have to get back to Rainbow!", Moonglo turned and ran. Leaving behind one very puzzled pegusas.

TO BE CONTINUED

Treasure_House

Starbrite

Post by Treasure_House »

Quickly Rainbow Brite ran to the color mines. Starlite was helping the sprites all day with the extra loads of color crystals. As much as there was to do that day it was a no wonder they had extra waiting to be processed. Her only hope was that she could find him in time. She glared at the very thought, "If he thinks I'll just let him come to Rainbow Land...", suddenly she stopped and looked up. "Sky Dancer?", she said to herself as she watched him disappear in the clouds. "Oh if only Stormy could help us rather fight." she sighed. She knew controlling the weather must be hard enough, but to have some strange creature come along and disrupt ones day... Rainbow pondered, "No time for that. I have to get to Starlite and then I need to find Twink." She pressed on up the side of the mines till finally she reached the entrance. "Hello?!", she called as she walked inside. "Anyone here?!", she looked this way and that way till finally she spotted Murky's freeze ray gun laying on the ground. Slowly she picked it up and looked at it. "Murky", she said glaring, "He must of taken Starlite and the sprites to the Pits!" She jumped up with a gasp, and raced outside. Grabbing a handfull of color crystals on the way out. As fast as she could, she ran towards the pits, hoping she wasn't too late.

In the distance Starbrite watched as Starlite ran further and further away. In her mind, she couldn't understand what a horse would want with a human. "It's unheard of that horses would even think to eat meat. What could he possibly want with that human?" Stretching out her wings, she felt a tiny twinge and she squinted at the pain. Taking a deap breathe, she sped out her wings again. Squinting again. "I can do this... Flying is as easy as walking. I have to!", she told herself. Throwing her wings wide, she slammed them to the ground and lifted herself high into the air. Once airborn, she looked around, "That was painless. I'll deal with that beast in the clouds later. But first... I need to stop that horse and help that human." Flapping her wings hard, she raced towards Starlite. Her shadow looming all around them. Murky was the first to look up only to see a dark shadow high above them. Far below Starbrite watched as Lurky and the grundge buggy inched ever so close to Starlite. "Wait a minute...", Starbrite pondered. "I get it now, that horse isn't trying to eat that human. He's trying to save him." She starred at the grundge buggy, smog and smoke filling the air as it roared along. Quickly, Starbrite soared down and kicked the grundge buggy hard. Forcing Lurky to loose control and hurl into Rainbow Land Lake. Starlite looked back, relieved to see Lurky gone. But who was this pegusas now behind him?

Slowing to a stop, Starlite turned and looked at Starbrite. Starbrite landed carefully on the ground. Her wings still slightly sore from before. She looked back breifly, then starred back at Starlite. Starlite dropped Murky, then slammed a hoof on Murky's jacket before Murky to make his escape. "Who... Who... Who are you?", Starlite asked.

Starbrite tucked in her wings. Confused that Starlite wouldn't allow the human free. She watched him for a long time then lowered her head to Murky and stared at him. Murky starred back then looked up at Starlite. Slowly, Starbrite lifted her head and looked at Starlite. "Why to do you keep him pinned down?" she asked him puzzled.

Starlite looked at her, "Umm... Because he's the bad guy...", Starlite lowered his ears. Had he missed something? He snorted then looked at her.

Starbrite stared at him, "Funny, I could have sworn you were." She spred out her wings and reared up, "Release him or else!" She'd seen enough. Horses were not put on the planet to attack humans. But rather to help and to aid them. She'd heard the stories and memorized the oaths. So why hadn't he? She'd often hear the elders telling her that some horses are evil and thus cannot be trusted. She slammed her wings. In her homeland, pegusas were known to aid the horse and thus the horse would aid the human. It was a circle that had gone on for generations. Passed down through stories. She wasn't about to allow this horse to hurt the human.

Starlite side stepped. But by doing so, he released Murky. Who stammered to his feet and side stepped. He wasn't sure what was going on. But he wasn't about to be caught up in the middle of a full blown fight. "No stop! He's getting away!", Starlite pleaded as Murky darted away.

Ducking into a bush, Murky stared at the pegusas. "Hmmm.. Maybe I can use that thing. But how do I.....", he looked around and noticed a tree limb hanging just inches away from Starbrite. With a sudden thought, Murky ran to the limb and climbed on. "Lurky, you hair ball.", he called to Lurky who was coming out of the lake. "You capture Starlite.", he added.

"What about you Murky?", Lurky asked him.

Murky turned with a laugh, "I'm going after that flying horse. With that thing under my control, Rainbow Brite won't know what hit her!" Making his way over the limb, he was finally in place where he would be able to hop on Starbrite's back.

"You don't understand, Murky isn't a friend. He's the bad guy. He wants to distroy Rainbow Land.", Starlite was telling Starbrite. Who in turn wasn't listening.

Murky suddenly jumped on Starbrite's back, he laughed as he stared at Starlite, "Well... You're only half right. I wan't to distroy Rainbow Land, but I also want to control this flying horse!"

Starlite glared, "Get off of her, Murky Dismal!", he yelled when suddenly ropes flew around Starlite's neck. Kicking, Starlite turned and noticed Lurky.

Starbrite reared and flapped her wings. In a gust of smoke, she and Murky were airborn. Grabbing her mane, Murky screamed, "Llllluurrrkkkkkyyyyy! How do you stop this thing!!"

Meanwhile, down below, Starlite kicked his feet and started to run, dragging Lurky behind. "That does it! I have to find Rainbow... But first...", Starlite said. He then leapped into the lake, forcing Lurky to fall head over heals back into the already sinking grundge buggy. Finally rid of Lurky, Starlite jumped back on land, and raced to the color castle. It was time for Rainbow Brite's help.

Higher and higher she flew, till finally she was in the thick dark clouds. The very same clouds where she met that beast. "Okay... I take it back. Just land already. I promise I won't distroy Rainbow Land...", Murky pleaded, "at least not today that it..", he thought to himself.

Starbrite rolled her eyes back to him, "That horse was right. You are pure evil. You want to go for a ride, then lets go!", she flapped her wings and zig-zagged through the clouds. Spinning and ducking, higher and lower, it was though on roller-coaster. Murky covered his mouth, his face turning greener than usual. When suddenly she stopped mid-air.

Murky felt numb from the neck down when he finally sat up-right. "What now?", he moaned. Looking up, he soon noticed why they had stopped. "Oh great, Stormy and that horse of hers.... That's all I need right now.", he moaned. "Lurky you bubble head! Get me off this thing!!", he yelled.

Starbrite glarred at the beast before her. Shots of lightening all around them. The beast snorted as if annoyed. Stormy folded her arms. "Who knew... You and Murky. Working as a team. I knew you couldn't be trusted. Sky Dancer! Now!", she said.

The powerful horse rose high with lightening growing ever more vilent. Starbrite starred, "Sky Dancer? The beast is called Sky Dancer? The very one from our home land? It can't be? That! Is Sky Dancer?!" she watched the mighty horse as it started to charge, "No stop! Sky Dancer! Don't you remember me?!" she called to him. "It's me... Starbrite!" She watched in horror as the horse charged, Stormy holding firm. It was as if he didn't hear her. It was as if he did remember... Closing her eyes, she could clearly hear the elders telling her that it was forbidden to fight. Forbidden to argue. Forbidden to those closest. "I will not fight.", she said calmly. With those words, the clouds suddenly started to lighten in color. Had he finally heard her? She looked up and saw him starring at her.

"Sky Dancer? What's wrong?", Stormy asked.

But Sky Dancer was glued on Starbrite. Had he finally remembered? "It's been a long time.", Starbrite said to him. She then turned and flew away.

"Huh? Long time?", Stormy said puzzled. She looked down at Sky Dancer, who merely watched Starbrite leave. Scratching her head, Stormy looked up, "What just happened?"

Huffing and puffing, Starlite finally reached the color castle. But with so much running, he didn't think he could make another step. He calasped at the entrance. Exausted. Unable to move Starlite tried to get up. The noise he was making made the kids come out. All gasping at the sight before them. "Get him some water!", one called out.

Slowly, Starlite sat up, still feeling week. "We have to find... ", he could barely talk as the kids braced him.

"Take it easy Starlite. Lets just wait for Rainbow to show up. By then you will have your strength back.", Shy Violet told him.

Walking out of the Pits, Rainbow Brite scratched her head, "Well that was a huge waiste of time." She said to herself. She looked at the freeze ray gun confusingly and then looked at the Pits. "Something doesn't feel right.", she added.

"RAINBOW!!", called a voice.

A voice she new all to well as she turned cheerfully, "Twink!"

Twink ran to her and the two hugged as Red Butler and Buddy Blue came dashing over. "Finally. We have to hurry. Murky and Lurky...", Red Butler started.

"Yes Red.", Rainbow cut him off, "Thank you. I know. Now the question is... Where are they?"

It was then they heard Murky screaming as the four friends looked up, "What is that?!", Buddy Blue asked pointing at the pegusas.

Rainbow smiled, "She's okay! She's flying now! Good girl! I knew you could it!", she called.

Starbrite flew to Rainbow and the others then promptly dropped Murky at Rainbow's feet. "Your horse friend is fine. I saw him heading to some castle. As for the hairy one, he is in the lake.", Starbrite told Rainbow.

"You can talk.", Rainbow replied. She walked over to Starbrite and smiled, "Thank you. I don't know how we can ever repay you."

Starbrite smiled back, "You already have. Thanks to you and all your friends, I now know whatever became of our lost kin." Rainbow Brite just looked at her puzzled.

"How very sickingly touching", said a cruel voice. Everyone turned just in time to see Murky snatch his freeze ray gun from Rainbow and jump back. Gasping everyone watched, "This time, I have you right where I want you!", he said laughing as he pointed his gun and fired. The boys and Twink paniced as Rainbow shielded her face from the blast.

Once the smoke cleared, everyone turned. "Look Rainbow, Murky turned himself into stone." Twink commented as Red Butler and Buddy Blue burst into laughter.

Rainbow Brite shook her head, "Surves him right."

"I'm coming Murky!", called a voice. Everyone turned and noticed Lurky bounding over. "Don't worry Murky, I'll get you!", he raced over, snatched up Murky and darted back into the pits.

Red Butler and Buddy Blue lay rolling in the grass in tears as Twink chuckled and giggled with laughter. Rainbow looked at Starbrite. "Well... So much for that.", she told her. "Are you alright?"

Starbrite smiled, "I am now. Thank you very much." She then raised out her wings and soon took flight.

Rainbow and the others waved as Moonglo ran over to them, "Rainbow, Starlite's .... he's..."

Rainbow turned, "He's fine, Moonglo. He's back at the color castle. Which is where we should go too."

High in the clouds, Sky Dancer stood as proud as ever with Stormy upon his back. Both watched as Starbrite soon disappeared in the distance, "I don't know what that was all about boy. But I'm sure glad it's over. Now then... Lets get back to work.", she patted him lovingly then edged him to turn around. Snorting, the horse turned. As if to have a smile upon his face.

THE END