Hi! I am a brony and fan of this show!

RainbowPony

Post by RainbowPony »

Hey everyone! So I am a 33 y.o. male fan of My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic (we are called bronies if you don't know) and watching that show reminded me of RB which I watched a lot of as a kid. I loved the show and even begged my cousin to hold her RB doll when I was 7! So I got back into this show recently and started watching the episodes on YouTube. It is as good as I remember and it was good to see everything I forgot.

So I was kind of wondering if Rainbow Brite had or has any particular male following or fanbase (although I am not necessarily implying that it's just for little girls). I know we had no Internet back in the 80s but for some reason I know a lot of boys that used to watch it. I am kind of fascinated by the fact that there are some girl shows that guys like. I like RB because of its cute anime-style graphics and antics. Murky and Lurky are hilarious too! See I also have Asperger's syndrome so I tend to prefer cartoons and innocent stuff to a lot stuff that is on TV these days. I am just like Shy Violet I guess-quiet and I like to read and study. I am also a gamer and a bit of a naturalist that likes hiking and birding.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

There definitely are male fans of the show - some of which are members here :) I've never seen a website or group just for male RB fans though.

Welcome to the forums!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Welcome :)

Maki

Post by Maki »

Welcoem to the fourms, RainbowPony. I'm Maki. You're not the only male who like Rainbow Brite.

RainbowPony

Post by RainbowPony »

Thanks! I figured I wasn't the only guy who watched RB. My name is Nick by the way but I do have a pony as an avatar. His/my name is Peregrine, a gray pegasus with a purple mane and tail and falcon cutie mark. I created him on a DA page but can't seem to uplaod the pic for my avatar.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Welcome! There are quite a number of male Rainbow Brite fans. My older brother used to watch RB with me when we were kids. :)

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Hi! I love the MLP Friendship is Magic!

There are a lot of male Rainbow Brite fans- there were more on this board who have dropped off. It's interesting you should mention Asperger's because one of my friends and the biggest RBB fan I know (who is no longer on this board) is an Aspie too I believe

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

I am a fan of the 80s MLP too,especially the cartoon episodes an I always loved rainbow brite. ... and I am male.