Should Have Posted Here First

systemcat

Post by systemcat »

Hi, I'm aware this should have been the first place in the forum I posted but I just had to ask some questions in other topics to start.

My real name is Erin and I grew up watching Rainbow Bright as a little kid. Still remember having the yellow lunch box with scene sticker on it for the show when I was either 4 or 5 in pre-K. VHS tapes, plushies and even a night gown. Before last year I hadn't watched the show in ages and then found it again in video searching the net. Found out re-watching it as an adult I still enjoy it and it's one of those few rare 80's kid's shows it turns out I still love.

On who I am outside the common fan. I'm a professional artist and believe it or not is retired due to medical issues. I live in Texas with one cat and a bunch of fish. (Don't worry there's a lid on the tank so the kitty can't attack them). I'm official press to a sci fi convention named Con-Jour. In my spare time which I have in plenty, I do art of nearly every variety & make FX films and some times short puppet films. These pieces tend to always get posted on DeviantART which I'm incredibly active with. A few weeks ago I had a major surgery and am still recovering from it.

Likely you guys won't see me around here much since my social net place is basically DA. But I will post here some times. Don't worry Admin.s, I run a forum my self and know little posters aren't some time you look forward too.

There's more I can think to say about my self, but I think I'll leave that to later posting :).

Watercolor
Admin

Post by Watercolor »

YOU NOOB!!! j/k

WELCOME! :grouphug:

Have fun! I know how you feel in the recovery section ;P

Take care and we look forward to hearing more from you. :D

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Welcome!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I'd love to see a link to your work on DA :) Artists impress me so!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Maki

Post by Maki »

Hi Erin, welcome to the Rainbow Brite forums.

systemcat

Post by systemcat »

Thanks for the warm welcome Watercolor, Clinozoisite, Rainbow Brite, and Maki :bg: !

Watercolor, I don't know what happened to you but I hope you get better soon :) .

Rainbow Brite, sure I'll share the link but be warned there isn't any Rainbow Brite fan art in my gallery. I'm actually quite pleased with seeing the fan art others produce over the show & movies. Although once I did get a fan art idea but haven't made it yet. More than likely it will only be shown here when I make it. People on DA don't have a clue I enjoy the show since I've never spoken of it. And before there's a retort over that considering my gallery is filled with have random fan art. ..I donno, why I've put off the piece for so long. Guess I should make it after my next FX film huh? By the way, have I seen you on DA? Some one over there alerted me to rainbowbrite.net because they commented on another artist's work saying they'd been featured on that web site.

My gallery: http://systemcat.deviantart.com/gallery/

If any of you visit my gallery, please tell me what you think. Oh and if you visit, some times it's best to click on the thumbnails since they don't always do the art justice.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Yes, I do have an account on DA - my username is rainbow00brite. But I only use my account to comment on other people's work. I'm no artist myself :) Although I do dabble in photography. Perhaps I'll upload some photos one of these days. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Hi there! This isn't a super active forum so dropping in is okay I would think :) I think most of Katy's posts are actually on the Rainbowbrite.net facebook profile -

Some of your stuff is really neat! Would love to see a link to one of your puppet shows? So interesting !

systemcat

Post by systemcat »

I've noticed it's not very active, but that's cool. That means my posts won't get lost in a sea of others :cool: .

I have a Facebook account but really don't use it. I'd rather talk here or where I noted earlier in this topic. I only really use Facebook for the occasion, like in reference to YouTube & giving a show of activism :happy: .

Thanks about the art comment :bg: ! The puppet shows ..well most are in my DA account. It started in last year's Con-Jour coverage with a single interview which isn't on DA. And there are some shows, but I'm not the puppeteer in this year's Con-Jour coverage. Those shows were me filming two enthusiastic girls using my puppets. Here's the none Con-Jour ones though:

1: http://systemcat.deviantart.com/gallery ... 0#/d4m0vei

2: http://systemcat.deviantart.com/gallery ... 0#/d4tn4hk

3: http://systemcat.deviantart.com/gallery ... 0#/d4vvanv

If wanted I'll show the Con-Jour ones too.

By the way I love how topic links get highlighted here!