more about me (Dialga-Read This!)

Sarah

more about me (Dialga-Read This!)

Post by Sarah »

I'm Sarah! : ) Nice to meet you! : ) I was reading Dialga-Brite's great introduction of in the new members section of the forum, and I wanted to respond to you, Dialga - but I thought that I would put it here, so that hopefully you (and others!) would see this a little easier. : ) I'll probably be writing a lot in this post so I'm just warning you all ; ) I'm modeling my message like Dialga's since I thought it was so good. : )

I think that it's great there are guys on here that like Rainbow Brite. Rainbow Brite is for everyone! : ) Rainbow Brite would not be complete without the male characters : ) I am a girl, and a feminist and how would you say -equality for all ist.

I am 27 years old (so I guess technically I'm a woman. ha! ha!).

I have had so many issues to deal with in life, that it would be impossible to mention them all here. But here's the tiniest of summaries I can give you. I have had knees that dislocate since I was 10. So I am physically disabled. Plus I have many medical issues - to name a few - Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, high heart rate, high blood pressure, asthma. Both my dad and my brother are emotionally abusive, especially my dad. My dad secretly does drugs. I'd really appreciate if me telling you (and anyone who reads this) keeps the abusive part and the drug part to themselves, and I would like this not to be shared off of the forums. If anyone in my family found out I told you - I could get into a lot of trouble. It doesn't bother me to tell anyone about these things, but it's such a big social issue and taboo that it would bother the rest of my family if they knew. So, everthing put together, add the fact that I've had to deal with many of these things very early in life, AND bring in the world and it's social issues, and life brings me so many challenges and the sum of my life never seems to go 'well'.

I am an extremely positive person. I think that because my life has been so dark and negative, it makes me want to rebel against that negativity and be uberpositive instead. and I laugh a lot : ) Sometimes it can even get me into trouble. ha! ha!

I am extremely goal-oriented, determined, and strong. I've had to deal with SO much and instead of it bringing me down, it makes me strong, it makes me a fighter. I get 'fired up', and nothing or nobody will stop me. I am going to be rich and famous, AND save the world. When the time is right in the universe, I will publish many autobiographies, and I'll like to do other things in publishing as well. I'd also like to do public speaking, and 'campaigning'. I'm very passionate about children, and everything I do will be for them. I know that all of the things I've gone thru will help other people!

I was born in 1981, so I grew up watching Rainbow Brite (although I think I was a toddler and pre-school age when it was on). I was fascinated by it, and loved it. There were many other things that I loved back then, but Rainbow Brite always remained my strongest love. But then it ended and time moved on, and as time moved on I forgot about it. But I still loved rainbows. I'm not sure what made me think of Rainbow Brite again, but I did when I saw her reappear in 2003 ish with her comeback. I live in Canada, and we barely got anything - maybe 2 coloring books. and this sparked my fascination again. In 2004, me and my mom and my brother went to Grand Forks, North Dakota when we got a very small inheritance-esk amount of money from my Baba's (Grandma) death. There in Target and Walmart was some Rainbow Brite stuff on clearance, so I bought as much as I could. After that, I kept looking for Rainbow Brite stuff and started searching, and I found Katy Cartee's site - so I kept checking it. Nothing really happened with rainbow brite for awhile, so I kind of lost my fascination again. But in 2008, my passion for all things Rainbow Brite and rainbows built up to my coming on here really. I found out that Rainbow Brite was being relaunched again, and now here I am on the forum

I love anything to do with Rainbow Brite, Rainbows, Fairs/Carnivals/Midways, stars, glitter, sparkles, outerspace, paranormal, ladybugs, cupcakes, stuffed animals, jewerly, accessories, stationery . . .

My rainbow brite collection is pretty small. I didn't have many rainbow brite things when I was little, I guess because I was so young. Anything that I did have has been long gone in garage sales. From the 2003/2004 launch I have a rainbow brite keychain, , yellow sprite keychain, green sprite keychain, rainbow brite and starlight and twink plush set, and a birthday card. This year I got a bunch of stuff from amazon: starstealer movie poster, notebook/journal, t-shirts, and all of the 2003/2004 released books and coloring books (now all of which I have gotten photocopied, and I've colored and most are put on my walls). Now I can't wait for the relaunch! I'm hoping to get as much as I can online.

Some more randomness about me, I am psychic (although not in the stereotypical kind of way), and am very interested in anything paranormal, and I'd love to talk about this more, but I don't want to scare anyone!

:rbline:

Dialga-Brite

Re: more about me (Dialga-Read This!)

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Hello and welcome, I'm glad you liked my post!

Don't be afraid to talk about being psychic and stuff, I doubt it would scare me. I sometimes believe some pretty unrealistic seeming things myself. One paranormal thing I believe is that when I die, I will be able to bring all my dolls with me to heaven. :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Also forgot to mention, I like your strong will and positive attitude. You sound like you've been through a lot. :)

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

Hey there I read your bio ther and happened to notice I am also from Manitoba in Winnipeg ^-^. That is really cool that you are into Rainbow Brite too. I started collecting in 96/97 so I have quite alot in my collection. It is hard to find anything out there at all really all the old 80's merchandise is pretty hard to find in general. See you around on the forums :)

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

C9, you're from Manitoba!! That is soo cool! : ) I love that! : ) Only, I'm not a big fan of manitoba. It's too cold, and our winters are too long. I live for the summer and the sunshine! One day, I would like to be in Las Vegas, Nevada : )

Dialga-Brite, you're such a sweetie! : ) Thank you for your comments! : )
:rbsmile:

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

I hate ithere too. I can't stand how things work. I hate the cold too. I would never move to the states though. I want to move to Japan. it is really beautiful and people are much better there.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

The other thing I don't like is all the negativity. Everyone is so grumpy. People here are so mean!! Oh! Japan! I'd love to visit there one day!! See all of the bright colors and kawaii! : )

:rbsmile:

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Sometimes I wish I could visit japan... I hear that their "claw machine" games are full of plush pokemon.

Starlitefan

Post by Starlitefan »

*Gallops in, late as always* Dooh...late again I see...

*Stamps hoof*

Welcome to the boards! My name is Starlitefan (and despite my username, I am a girl....) and I welcome you here!
Rainbow Brite: Starlite, quick!
Starlite: I will not wear booties!!
On-X: Better than falling down.
Starlite: [neighs in annoyance] Ooh, my poor dignity!!!

Oh, and by the way, I'm a GIRL, despite my user name... ;-D

:rbstarlite:

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I'm pulling this up so that you can read this Fanchan : )