RB Fans (80's Edition)

Watercolor
Admin

RB Fans (80's Edition)

Post by Watercolor »

I was wanting to see some of us fans from the vintage era. Classic pictures of us.
Here is me and my sister, Christmas when I was about 5 or 6. This was the biggest Christmas I ever had and I got a ton or Rainbow Brite items! (Puppy Brite, Baby Brite, Patty O'Green, Shy Violet, and much more!)

What are some of yours?
Attachments
rblove.jpg
rblove.jpg (101.87 KiB) Viewed 1171 times

Rainbow Brite
Admin

RB Fans (80's Edition)

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Are those Rainbow Brite pom poms in the background?? Please tell me you still have them...lol
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Clinozoisite

RB Fans (80's Edition)

Post by Clinozoisite »

I'm pretty sure I've posted this photo before. :) My brother and I, probably from around 1986?

Chibi Rachy

RB Fans (80's Edition)

Post by Chibi Rachy »

This is the only picture of myself that I have on my computer. I'm two here, and I look like a pirate cause it was sometime after my surgery. I was born cross eyed and so that surgery corrected it. This pic always amuses me because I look like my favorite lunkhead in it (and I know no one's gonna get that reference XD) This would be sometime circa '89 I believe.

"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

RB Fans (80's Edition)

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Watercolor wrote:I was wanting to see some of us fans from the vintage era. Classic pictures of us.
Here is me and my sister, Christmas when I was about 5 or 6. This was the biggest Christmas I ever had and I got a ton or Rainbow Brite items! (Puppy Brite, Baby Brite, Patty O'Green, Shy Violet, and much more!)

What are some of yours?

Holy Hippopotamus, look at all that Rainbow Brite stuff!!!!i You were one lucky little girl back then. Was that you holding Baby Brite or was that your sister?
Last edited by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

RB Fans (80's Edition)

Clinozoisite wrote:I'm pretty sure I've posted this photo before. :) My brother and I, probably from around 1986?

How sweet! Standing out in the cold with Rainbow Brite and your big brother. I'd say you were about four years old back then.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

RB Fans (80's Edition)

Chibi Rachy wrote:This is the only picture of myself that I have on my computer. I'm two here, and I look like a pirate cause it was sometime after my surgery. I was born cross eyed and so that surgery corrected it. This pic always amuses me because I look like my favorite lunkhead in it (and I know no one's gonna get that reference XD) This would be sometime circa '89 I believe.

Wow, you hair style back then matches your avatar's style today :lol: :bg: :)

I know all about those evil eye patches. I wore one for years as a kid and for the same reason. My parents thought that wearing it would cure my lazy eye but it was too far off center. I finally had an operation when I was about 10 to correct that and I'm still just as cross-eyed now as I was before the operation. The only thing I got of of those patches was a lot of teasing as I grew up :angry: :( :angry:

Chibi Rachy

RB Fans (80's Edition)

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:Wow, you hair style back then matches your avatar's style today :lol: :bg: :)

I know all about those evil eye patches. I wore one for years as a kid and for the same reason. My parents thought that wearing it would cure my lazy eye but it was too far off center. I finally had an operation when I was about 10 to correct that and I'm still just as cross-eyed now as I was before the operation. The only thing I got of of those patches was a lot of teasing as I grew up :angry: :( :angry:
Yup, that's the lunkhead I'm referring to. There are flashbacks in the anime that shows her around 5 years old, and we look like twins.

I think I wore my eye patch on and off until I was 4. The only thing I had after that was drifting in my one eye, which I still have.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire