Admin

Art theft

Post by JoeyAngel »

Why do people get away with this :(

Original artist's piece

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=rainbow ... 20#/dxtsut

stolen to use on this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAINBOW-BRITE-sch ... 5d2af492e7

Man.. i let the artist know on her gallery but shes not really used dev art so doubt she will ever know :(

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Art theft

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Ugghhh...that is so ridiculous!!! Grrrrrrr :angry:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Tom-sprite

Art theft

Post by Tom-sprite »

I absolutely hate it when people do such things ! :angry:

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Art theft

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

People get away with this because it's so easy to do and the likelyhood of being caught is small. OK, I didn't say it was right or good but that's why it happens. Doesn't DA and similar sites have anything to prevent copying of thier images? If they do, did the artist actually use it?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

JoeyAngel
Admin

Art theft

Post by JoeyAngel »

I suppose the risk is if anything is published anywhere on the internet its got potential to be stolen... It irks me so much.
I dunno if dev art has anything to protect it apart from a copyright symbol on the page with the image..

IndigoJoy

Art theft

Post by IndigoJoy »

Just an honest question... how do you know the seller isn't the artist under a different username?

If it is theft it should be reported to eBay, but it's questionable whether they'd even do anything about it.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Art theft

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

IndigoJoy wrote:Just an honest question... how do you know the seller isn't the artist under a different username?

If it is theft it should be reported to eBay, but it's questionable whether they'd even do anything about it.

That certainly is a real possibility.

And ebay has become the Evil Empire, the USSR updated for the 21st century. They just might go after the seller because they love to be mean.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

IndigoJoy

Art theft

Post by IndigoJoy »

Really? Wow. I haven't bought or sold anything on eBay since... *checks account* 2006.

Oh wait, I'm wrong, I did buy my Lady Gaga glasses there this year. But I still barely ever visit eBay.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

alexanderbrite

Art theft

Post by alexanderbrite »

JoeyAngel wrote:Why do people get away with this :(

Original artist's piece

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=rainbow ... 20#/dxtsut

stolen to use on this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAINBOW-BRITE-sch ... 5d2af492e7

Man.. i let the artist know on her gallery but shes not really used dev art so doubt she will ever know :(
I'm not saying this to be mean or rude, but just IMO, if you don't want something possibly stolen, make SURE you get it copyrighted in your name before you put it publicly on the internet. I myself have a copyrighted poem on redbubble.com . Take a look at their website when you get a chance. It's something you may be interested in. But even there, like, I have many poetry that I've posted publicly. They were good to say the least, but now I can't use them in my upcoming book that I'm working with my brother and a friend named John. I mean, I could use them, but since I didn't copyright it right. This is just my opinion. My intentions are for the good. If it was already copyrighted, then, again, my opinion is to find out who it was and then contact whomever you can like authorities.

I'm sorry to hear it was stolen though.
A L E X A N D E R B R I T E

Chibi Rachy

Art theft

Post by Chibi Rachy »

IndigoJoy wrote:Just an honest question... how do you know the seller isn't the artist under a different username?

Because the dA artist is in Canada and the seller is in London. Unless the artist has moved overseas, it's not very likely they are the same person.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire