Upcoming RB Toys/Playsets?

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Upcoming RB Toys/Playsets?

Post by Rainbow Brite »

One of the toy designers at Playmates posted these items in his portfolio. Wouldn't they be cool?? I don't even know if they've been made into prototypes yet. If I find out, I'll let ya'll know. But I think they're great ideas :) And I love the artwork on the Storyteller idea!
Attachments
PictureFrame.jpg
PictureFrame.jpg (235.8 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
StorytellerRB.jpg
StorytellerRB.jpg (219.07 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

WishBear2001

Re: Upcoming RB Toys/Playsets?

Post by WishBear2001 »

Those are awesome with awesome sauce on top. The Twinkles are making me eat monitors. :P

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Those would be neat. Especially a 4.5" Rainbow Brite toy. I would totally use her as a cake-topper. :lol: :lol:

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

That's really great, thanks for sharing!

I wonder why pics of the "giggle sprites" weren't released yet? They were listed among the release of the 10" horses & dolls and the 18" RB doll. Still really eager to see how they turn out.

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

I love that Pretty Picture Frame! Those are great ideas, I hope they come out with them

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Welp, dunno about the picture frame, but the talking doll is not being made :(

"I wish that talking Rainbow Brite was being made! That one was one of my ideas! Unfortunately, for some reason, they didn't think this line was doing well... (This was before it even went on sale... such confidence, right?)"

This is not boding well for us RB fans :(
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

And another point of interest:

"OH, also, there is a little secret as to why there is a lot of similarities between the new Rainbow Brite and Sailor Moon. Before we got this line, there was 2 properties I was asking for, Rainbow Brite and Sailor Moon. They went with Rainbow with the help of my manager and Hallmark agreed to it because of one of my drawings...
http://sykoeent.deviantart.com/art/Pret ... e-75095412"

Wow! I'm so glad they went with RB instead of Sailor Moon!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Clinozoisite wrote:Those would be neat. Especially a 4.5" Rainbow Brite toy. I would totally use her as a cake-topper. :lol: :lol:
As long as no icing gets in her hair... :P

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Wow- I'm glad they went with Rainbow Brite too-

Since there were no new toys at Toyfair, it seems likely that the line will not be around much longer... but maybe record sales/ect. will convince Hallmark otherwise? I hope so. I feel like the toys are selling REALLY fast- I never see them at Target or Toysrus (cept for the big RBB, and once a Shimmer) - so they must be selling pretty well.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Galacticatt wrote:...maybe record sales/ect. will convince Hallmark otherwise? I hope so. I feel like the toys are selling REALLY fast- I never see them at Target or Toysrus (cept for the big RBB, and once a Shimmer) - so they must be selling pretty well.
Yeah, my local stores are constantly selling out and getting more stock. I don't understand why they think they're "not selling well", since they appear to be veritably flying off the shelves. Just because they're not insanely popular or the "it" doll, doesn't mean they're not selling.

Every time I go grocery shopping at Meijer (about twice a week), I check the doll aisle. They're constantly turning over their RB stock. I rarely ever see the same configuration of items, so they must be selling and restocking at an alarming rate.

My one of my two local Target stores seem to have abandoned the brand, which is sad. They don't even have space on the shelf for them anymore. But the local Toy R Us has many of the dolls and horses. And 2 of the 3 Meijer stores in town carry Rainbow Brite products.

I hope they don't abandon this line. I want them to make merchandise other than toys! :)

But given what marketing strategies we've seen so far, this doesn't surprise me. Not really. Playmates is just one screwed up company. They can't expect customers to be happy over the fact that depending on where you purchase them, the toys are different prices. :blink:
Last edited by Clinozoisite on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.