Old School photos?

Clinozoisite

Old School photos?

Post by Clinozoisite »

Does anyone else have old photos of them playing with their Rainbow Brites? Here is one that I found at my parents' house the other day. Based on how old I look, it must be about 1986.
(and yes, that is my brother playing with his Barbie...)

This photo makes me wonder if I can find my "daycare" Rainbow. She had my name written on her butt in permanent marker, so I wouldn't lose her. :lol:
Last edited by Clinozoisite on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: Old School photos?

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Love it!!! Here are a couple of pics from my 5th birthday when I got my first RB dolls :)
Attachments
Image693.jpg
Image693.jpg (35.85 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Image83.jpg
Image83.jpg (33.52 KiB) Viewed 759 times
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Sorry ... I have no such photos ...
but the photos of you guys are very cute ! :)

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

RB - those are adorable photos! I love the second photo. :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Sorry, no photos to share since I'm a more recent fan, but the ones posted are cute!

Also, lol at the brother with barbie :) My brothers each had Ken dolls when they were little.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Aw you guys are all so tute!!!:D I wish i could say I had rainbow stuff as a child but alas I don't think the show ever aired where I lived and all I have to show for Rainbow Brite is a beautiful valentines card my mom gave me that always stuck out in my head through the years. Then I met Starvoyager through Peter Pan and he introduced me to dear sweet Rainbow :D Now I have stuff of her but I didn't when I was little :( So sad too...it's totally the type of show I would have been watching (I use to watch Moondreamers for instance and it's very similar). I wish i had a pic of me as a little-er girl with a Rainbow toy *grumble* lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Heeheehee, those are some cute pics!

Dangit, I'm still trying to find the pics of me & my RB stuff when I was younger. There is way too much stuff in this house, LOL.

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

TheWendybird wrote:Aw you guys are all so tute!!!:D I wish i could say I had rainbow stuff as a child but alas I don't think the show ever aired where I lived and all I have to show for Rainbow Brite is a beautiful valentines card my mom gave me that always stuck out in my head through the years. Then I met Starvoyager through Peter Pan and he introduced me to dear sweet Rainbow :D Now I have stuff of her but I didn't when I was little :( So sad too...it's totally the type of show I would have been watching (I use to watch Moondreamers for instance and it's very similar). I wish i had a pic of me as a little-er girl with a Rainbow toy *grumble* lol
Not like I've got photos either. I watched RB, but I never had a single RB product. I'm pretty sure (for reasons which probably involve fears about sending their child down the "wrong" sexual path) my parents would not have ever considered buying me anything RB-related.

I was probably lucky enough that I even got Carebears.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

My parents were very into cross-gender toy purchasing. Hence my brother's Barbie. It was one of his favorite toys for years. Likewise, I had Transformers, Go-Bots and He-man action figures.

Don't ya just love how girls get "dolls", but the same general concept is an "action figure" when given to a boy?

Regina

Post by Regina »

Lovely pics girls :)
Wish I had a Rainbow Brite doll when I was a kid!
No old pics for me :( but I used to watch the cartoon.