Looking For Sprites

Treasure_House

Looking For Sprites

Post by Treasure_House »

I need Twink and Lucky (white & green). The little hand sprites that came with the 1983 10" dolls. In good clean condition please.

THANKS!

:bg:
When In Doubt - Check It Out

http://www.wix.com/treasure_house/index

jazzycreations

Looking For Sprites

Post by jazzycreations »

I have a white one in good condition .
I have a green one, but his face has a red blotch at the bottom right side.

Treasure_House

Looking For Sprites

Post by Treasure_House »

How much are you asking for Twink?

Several years ago I lost my old Twink. Sadly I think he ended up in the trash. :( He had no face, his little rainbow on the front was all faded, and his white fur was grey. And at some point I think he ended up in the clutches of a cat. :hobbes: Still.. I can't find him, so I think at some point he was thrown out. Lucky on the other hand looked like he fell into a crayon pit. :rotfl: Someone I knew was so shocked by it they actually thought the sprite was lagit! Wanted to know it's name and what kid he belonged to. I never had the heart to tell the truth. I sorta just kept my mouth shut and looked the other way. Pretended the poor dear belonged to a distant friend on the other side of the globe. :huh: Still, I kept him for years to come till one day I babysat. The little tike fell in love with the sprite. And I didn't have the heart to take Lucky away. Maybe Lucky was named that for a reason? Cuz that little child took him home and the parents didn't mind. :laugh: All the other sprites were put away and just recently put up for display along with the kids and others. Out of everyone, I'd have to say I'm not to thrilled with Rainbow Brite. Her dress looks like a truck ran over it! It's all ripped and tattered and there's no rainbow either. After some sewing, I think it looks better. But she still looks a bit awkawered... :baby:

Aw well... Sorry for babling. Like I said, I'm looking for sprites in good clean condition. Not quite sure how to go about Rainbow's dress. :shrug:

:rotfl:

jazzycreations

Looking For Sprites

Post by jazzycreations »

Hmmm, I was thinking $10, since I was going to use it for a custom, but he's in good condition & I hate ruining stuff in good condition, I can replace him with a bad one then :)
If that's too much, let me know, what were you thinking?

As for rainbow's dress, is it just the shiney blue part that's in bad shape?
I think I might have some extra from a large dress, if you can sew, then you can replace the blue maybe? I'll check. Too bad I sold all my extra dresses.
you could probably hand paint a star logo & hot glue it one her dress so it's there at least. Then she'll be all spruced up!

I know what you mean though about the sprites, that's what my buddy sprite looked like, of coarse he's the hardest to replace! & then my daughter left them out & our little dog chewed on his leg. After three years I finally got a new one!
I mended up the old one & need to paint him a new face. Figure someone might want him cheap since his leg isn't perfect. I hat to hot glue the rainbow material down.

Treasure_House

Looking For Sprites

Post by Treasure_House »

$10 sounds fine. Does this include shipping?

I'd been looking on ebay at the many different Rainbow Brites out there. Perhaps I'll just cut my losses and buy a new doll. :laugh: Was also looking at the Rainbow Brite cake pan and buggy too. Perhaps some day I'll try to get em. :cheer:

:wave: TAKE CARE! :heart:

jazzycreations

Looking For Sprites

Post by jazzycreations »

ususally I sell them for 10 + shipping, but if you only wanna pay $10 I can do that. I'll add delivery confirmation though so I know it will get there safe.
my email is sn2bhotmama@yahoo.com

no rush, as I wont go to the post office again for about 4 days. I went today already.

Ya, I guess rb isn't hard to replace.

Treasure_House

Looking For Sprites

Post by Treasure_House »

:rbtwink: Twink came in the mail! He is sooooo cute! A+

THANK YOU!!

:hug:

jazzycreations

Looking For Sprites

Post by jazzycreations »

Your welcome. :)

If I come across lucky I'll let you know.